Chapter 6

Chapter 6

"Has he been eating?" Thanatos asked, putting the vial with my blood away.

I chuffed, letting my tail dangle off the matress while I flicked the tip from side to side. I had never liked getting blood drawn and I found it even more unnecessary now that I was doing better. Collin had given me three tasty meals a day for the past five days and I had tried to eat all of them. Sometimes I gulped them down too fast to get back to playing with him because I couldn't get enough of him and it made me throw up violently. I didn't learn from my mistake because getting his attention was a better reward than not throwing up and so I kept doing it once in a while. 

"Yes, he only throws up every other day and I'm not sure if it is because he is sick or because he gulps down the food so fast." Collin told him, running his hand down my spine. "He tried to swallow an entire chicken breast without chewing the other day. Obviously that didn't work out well."

I turned onto my back, taking his hand and guiding it to my stomach. Sometimes he still needed a little push to figure out what I wanted but he was getting better and better at detecting it, bathing me in all the attention I wanted. He even let me do whatever I wanted as long as I wasn't injuring myself or ran outside the cave. I was more than happy with the situation and he seemed to be as happy as someone could be if they were the most wanted currently. The only thing that was bothering me was him always distracting me if I wanted to make a move to get sexually involed with him. I didn't understand why.

"Are you vaccuuming your meals?" Thanatos asked, eyebrow raised.

"Yeah." I admitted grumpily.

"Stop doing that." He huffed. "He is not going to take it away from you again. You can take your time. Throwing up constantly isn't good for you and you should know that."

I just accepted that without saying something even though him tempting me with delicious food and then saying no to torture me wasn't the reason why I did it. I wouldn't care if he did that as long as he was paying attention to me but explaining why would just be awkward and I didn't want to go through that, instead I gnawed on Collin's arm to get his attention back. He huffed annoyed, ruffling my hair before he went back to giving me belly rubs. Thanatos seemed amused and smirked at us.

"He seems to be doing alright." Alexios remarked. "Even though this is certainly not the place for him to live in. He might get sick."

"I know." Collin sighed. "I have been reaching out to Lucifer in hopes he may grant me asylum but he hasn't answered me yet. I'm getting a little impatient."

Going off by everything he had told me these past days, Heaven was going to be a magical place to live with him and I was excited to move there with him. He promised me a house with a big garden I'd get to explore and design how I wanted, a huge bathtub I could soak my scales in and a fluffy bed for me to sleep in. He even offered me my own room but I prefered to sleep on top of his chest, listening to him breathing and waking up and be able to see his face. I didn't need much to be happy, I just needed him.

"About that." Thanatos huffed, bitter. "We are going to come with you. I still want to be able to visit my dad and staying here offers me nothing except a worse time. Zoe hasn't started school yet and maybe she can make a few friends there who won't hate her for who her parents are. She is rather lonely."

"I'd love for you to come but are you sure?" Collin asked, cocking his head. "You wouldn't be able to meet your siblings and your parents since Heaven and Hades are still at war."

"Yes." Thanatos confirmed.

I chirped happily, knowing I'd still be able to visit Zoe after we were going to move to another sphere. She had been my only true interaction with someone other than Moros for the longest time and even though she wasn't my own child, I loved her dearly. She had helped me cope with the pain of losing my daughter and I was pretty sure she was the only reason why I hadn't gone completely insane by now.