Chapter 5

Chapter 5

I had dreamed about chasing the colorful fish in the pond next to my old home, twitching myself awake just as I was about to catch one. Still riled up, I ducked my head down, making myself as small as I could while my tail was whipping through the air behind me. I fixated on Collin's face while he was still asleep, ecxited chirps spilling out of me as I was stalking him. I pounced on him and his eyes flew open mid jump and he barely caught me, flipping us around so he could pin me to the ground.

His fangs were inches away from my face but instead of being frightened I nuzzled them, purring at him satisfied as I rubbed my face against his. He seemed amused by my behavior and retracted his fangs, poking me in the nose with his index finger. I huffed and dropped back on the matress, wagging my tail at him and hoping by playing cute I'd get a few more minutes of attention before he'd ask me to leave him alone like Moros always did.

"What do you think you are doing?" He asked with a smirk.

I chuffed, cocking my head to the side and he laughed, reaching down to rub my stomach. I bathed in the attention a few more minutes before rolling onto my stomach and pushing my back against his hand to receive some scratches in between my wings while my purrs were filling the cave. His hand traveled down to the root of my tail, followed by a delicious rub there, so my tail plopped down onto the matress, jittering in delight.

"You are awfully cute when you are not dying." He hummed. "Seems like you are doing better."

I hadn't even noticed how much more energy I had regained just by sleeping curled up on top of his torso for a night, glued to him in my sleep. The pain had subsided a bit, may it be due to me actually feeling better or it being me constantly getting distracted by Collin, I felt less awful and fully awake for the first time in a long time without the need to constantly nap. I smiled back up at him as I plopped down on my back, so he had to hold me like an overgrown baby.

"I'm afraid I can't take you with me while I'm going out to grab breakfast for you since people will be searching for you but I promise I will be back as soon as I can." He told me while swaying me back and forth a little.

I made a sad noise and he smiled at me amused, ruffling my hair. I didn't want to be left alone again, I would have no way of knowing when he was going to come back, if he was going to come back at all. Moros had the tendency to just leave for days at a time and I didn't want Collin to do that to me as well. I whimpered at him, curling my tail around his arm tightly to hinder him if he wanted to leave me. 

"You need to eat." He reminded me gently. "It's just going to be a few minutes. I will come back as soon as I can."

I growled at him playfully as he tried to free his arm and he laughed, tickling my chin. I chuffed, taking a nip at his hand and he grabbed my chin, pushing me away lightly. I let myself dramatically fall onto the matress and tried pawing at him, making him huff and poke me in the stomach. I giggled and while I was distracted, he quickly freed himself, pushing me off him and getting up. I felt betrayed and growled at him, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Don't go outside and don't wander off." He instructed me before teleporting off.

I huffed, crawled out of bed and looked around to inspect my surroundings. There was little in here to begin with and it was mostly clothes and rocks, mostly boring stuff. I dragged my claws over the nearest rock to sharpen them while I stretched my body like a cat, yawning loudly. I had nothing better to do, so I settled on exploring the cave and sticking my nose into business it didn't belong in. I didn't find anything interesting and after a while I gave up, curling up on old, previously worn clothes of him and waited for him to come home again.