Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I scrunched up my nose as I fought to wake up, yawning under my breath. I felt like my lower half was being set on fire and blinked my eyes open only to have Collin right in my face. He smirked at me and I hummed at his face while my tail wrapped around his arm, making him cock his head before he chuckled under his breath. The feeling in my lower abdomen intensified and my lips parted in a silent whimper as his grin widened, extended fangs poking him in the bottom lip.

"Morning." He purred, taking a nip at my nose. "Time for all kinds of nasty things. I don't want to wait anymore."

I had now woken up completely and looked down to where our hips met, gasping softly at the sight. He had buried himself deep inside of me and I just dropped back onto the mattress with a heavy sigh, trying to keep the friction to a minimum. I had missed playtime and I wanted to go back to staying in bed for hours while he cracked another round of stupid jokes and made sure to pay attention to every cell of my exposed body. At the same time I also didn't want to play, I wanted to walk over to my son and make sure he was okay. 

I already wasted enough time sleeping and I needed to go over to his room to check on him myself in case something went wrong. I didn't want him to think I had left him or worse that I hated him for some reason and was never going to come back, that I had abandoned him. I loved him more than anything and he needed to know that even if he was sleeping right now. I could be there when he woke up, cradle him to my chest and make sure the first thing he saw was me. Then he'd know he was safe.

"What about..." I asked but got cut off as he pressed his lips against mine.

I mewled breathlessly as he slipped one hand down my side and started massaging my butt in order to warm me up to him. He didn't even give me time to protest and started kissing down a trail from the corner of my mouth to my throat, leaving behind tender skin which was definitively going to bruise. I sank my hand into the tangled strands of midnight black hair and used it to pull him off me as he growled displeased. It was too late to stop him and most importantly my body now but I could at least make sure our baby was safe.

"He is with a babysitter." He murmured against my neck. "Before you ask, yes. Trustworthy, loyal because he owes me his life and we don't even have to pay him. Can we do it now?"

Collin sensed I wasn't one hundred percent convinced and lifted his head to look at me with a disgruntled facial expression. I met his eyes and nodded reluctantly. I trusted him to keep us safe and since he didn't trust anyone other than his son who seemed to have no interest in hurting his half brother, I was fine with that for now. I huffed to get rid of the remaining unease and wrapped my arms around him to pull him down towards me to reassure myself. 

"I promise he is safe." He assured me, kissing the tip of my nose. "No one will dare to hurt him because they know my wrath will be never ending."

His promises meant something. He always kept them with me and even though he had trouble expressing it, he loved our son as much as I did. He'd never allow someone to lay their hands on him and he'd rather rip their heads clean off than let them continue to be a threat to his health. I'd still feel better if I at least had seen him before he got handed over to someone else to make sure he was alright and to welcome him back to the world after his sleep.

I brought my hands up to caress his jaw since moping would ruin our morning, quietly purring at his face and just enjoying the feeling of his skin against my finger tips. I sniffed at his cheek to check on his mood in case that pulsing thing inside of me was lying to me before I reached up to brush his disheveled hair out of his face. He watched me carefully until I rested my hand against the side of his face with a smile and he closed his eyes with a deep sigh.