68 | She Was Playing Solitaire

"She didn't belong here

"She didn't belong here. She didn't belong anywhere."

― Alyssa Moon, Delphine and the Silver Needle

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

Outskirts of Foy, The Ardennes, Belgium

January 11th, 1945

1100

Her gaze upon Foy was unsettling that morning, looking down upon the slope towards the little town filled to the brim with the enemy. Of course, the worry should've been more upon the enemy within yet it was more focused on the war along their own front lines - Lieutenant Dike and the fact he'd be leading.

Natia prowled like a wolf up and down the edges of the forest lain thick in snow fall, her gaze a constant companion to the town of Foy along with the edges of the town itself. Months of fighting with Easy, weeks in the snow and years of war - if anything she would give the world for this to be the beginning of the end that would finally push everyone over the edge and end this war for good. Lieutenant Speirs had been right though, if anything a bad leader was a bad leader, whatever position deemed.

" That's a glare if I've ever seen one." a voice said to her right and Natia glanced over and found Johnny there, an equally distasteful grimace upon his face, yet one similar to her own painted on his lips.

Natia glanced over her shoulder back to where Lieutenant Dike stood, talking hurriedly to Lip, pointing and looking around in a whirl of chaos before looking back to Lip who stood stark still. Natia had never seen Lip look so....unlike the Sergeant Lipton he normally was. She could see the worry hidden behind the gaze he built up, the stress lines visible across his features and the grip he held on the weapon in his grasp tightened up intensely. Natia's eyes fell on Lieutenant Dike again and she bit back her chapped lips.

" He's going to get us killed." she said quietly," Oh god, I hate this Johnny." Johnny suppressed one of those sort of helpless chuckles you did when you didn't know what else to say about the situation - it was definitely one of those situations.

" Yeah me too, kid." he said shaking his head as Natia grumbled under her breath," You doing okay though?" Natia perked a brow upwards towards him and nodded.

" Yes, yes, of course, why?" she asked him, meeting his gaze as he bit back his lip tilting his head.

" You don't gotta hide it from me, Agent, I can see it in your eyes, alright?" he said," I worry for you sometimes, you get caught up in the war, and I just want to make sure you're alright." Natia managed the slightest hint of a smile towards him and let her shoulders drop.

" Besides-"

" Besides the obvious, yes." Johnny said, smirking as Natia chuckled slightly, but let it drop from her face and stared out towards Foy again, her face blank and mouth a thin-line, cheeks pale and sunken into her face along with the dark eye bags that appeared underneath her dark orbs. Besides the obvious which was Lieutenant Dike.