11 | Salt to the Sea

INTRODUCING: Julian Morris as Zdzisław de Ville or 'Zdzich' 

" Like salt to the sea, he became a part of my life."

- Raresoul 

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

August 10th, 1944 - Studzianki, Poland 

South of Warsaw, Poland

1400

10 days since the Warsaw Uprising began

" Roger, Roger."

" Felicjan, focus, Jesus Christ." 

Natia felt her head might explode, placing a tender finger on the bridge of her nose in complete and utter disappointment. Between Felicjan and Franciszek and the absolute nonsense bickering they'd be on about for the past month, it was nearly enough to make her jump off a cliff. But they had a right to be tense - Franciszek especially. He had enough stress riding atop his shoulders from the past week and nearly the entire past month to last him a lifetime. Felicjan was just...well he was annoying sometimes, but he tried to have fun and sometimes fun wasn't even enough at this point. 

July 31st had been quite the rude awakening. W-hour had been an even harsher awakening. But it was time to reclaim back what was theirs - the Nazis occupied Poland but they were not Poles, they were not the citizens of Poland that had lived under their power for 5 years. They were angry and fed up citizens ready to wage war for as long as they needed to win back their home. 

Natia had been getting a proper shower for the first time in weeks, actually bathing, scrubbing her body clean of whatever particles had managed to cling onto her body, actually brush a comb through her hair - only to have Dwad race in at 2300 and start yelling about mobilization. And Natia of course had frozen solid as if she were a popsicle. And then it was like she were under the sun again, melting, fully coming to the realization of what Dwad had meant. 

The Home Army was mobilized - and their plan was moving into action. An Uprising strong enough to overturn an entire city had begun that evening and nearly only almost a week later, Warsaw was in ruins, Nazis, Soviets and scattered Polish forces around the rubble, weapons, explosives and snooty faced enemies lurked at every turn. It was no longer safe to come above ground for too long. 

Their very own Polish 1st Armored Brigade along with the Red Army's 2nd Guards Tank Army were currently engaged in Studzianki in a offensive with elements of the German 9th Army - but it was the Uprising, you couldn't expect the enemy on either side to falter. 

Fighting with baited breath, and crimson blood, no one would be left alive, just corpses with tattered souls. 

The Warsaw Uprising was the most engagement the group had come in contact with in their 5 years of service to the great nation of Poland.