72 | Consign Me Not To Darkness

"I'm telling you

"I'm telling you. I know all about darkness. That's why I am so hell-bent, every damn day, on looking for the light."

― Katherine Center 

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

(TW): mention of 'drowning' and other related associations that can be upsetting for some people. just wanted to include this warning!

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

Haguenau, Alsace, France

February 9th, 1945

1500

Her first instinct was to leap up and make a move towards the door and thereafter towards CP. What the hell was there possibly an argument over and why was it over her? They had bigger issues than whatever they thought worthy of this current argument. Natia turned her preying eyes onto Liebgott.

" Where's my stuff?" she said quickly," My pistol? My boots? My helmet? My helmet - it had all my stuff, Joe, where it is?" Her mind was frantic as panic settled into her system. Liebgott watched her, this frantic Agent, with cold and quite harsh eyes looking upon him, half deranged. If anything, she needed to just lie down and get some sleep and let the officers and George work out what needed to be worked out.

" You need to sleep, Agent." Liebgott said, as Natia swung her legs over the side of the bed - the sickness that had swarmed her body suddenly became the least of her worries. It was a wonder why she always got sick and prolonged it. But this, this was more important.

" I'm fine." she said, going to move to her feet but feeling her knees turn to what felt like jelly there on the wooden surface of the ground," I'm fine." Reaching out Natia clasped her hand around the far pole that held up the two bunks and forced herself to stand - what had happened and why was she like this?

" Agent, please just sit down for a second." Natia narrowed her eyes and turned to him.

" What the hell happened, Liebgott?" she managed out quickly," What happened? Stop trying to hide it, to protect me. I've seen and heard enough shit I promise you, please, just tell me." Liebgott watched her and bit back his lip and sat himself upwards.

" You passed out in the shower or something, that's what Doc Roe told me before he left, after patching up some of the wounds you got." Liebgott said, a slightly disgusted and disgruntled look coming across his features, as she met his gaze," No one knows why you did, but a few of the guys who were in the shower around ya said it looked like you were trying to....I don't know...." There was a sudden spit of anger that filled Natia's veins there, leaned up against the metal poll, her jaw clenching as the sudden realization in her mind clicked together like clock work.