l a n d s l i d e

l

a

n

d

s

l

i

d

     e

Her life ended on September 1st, 1939.

4:45 am, asleep in her bed, hearing the sirens in her sleep.

She swore it were a dream.

But it was the horrid reality.

The Germans had invaded Poland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Polish Resistance Fighter, Natia Filipska, has been fighting since September 1st, 1939, 4:45 am. Trained as a SOE member, a Cichociemni Polish Paratrooper and eventually a Polish Home Army member, Natia fights the underground battle against the Germans, waging war with her fellow resistance fighters, and boosting morale in Nazi-Occupied countries under siege. As one of the top Resistance members, she fights for freedom, justice, order and peace, in seeing the liberation of her great country that has been under attack since that fateful day and that fateful hour of the morning.

Working alongside her siblings, Kilmeck and Ryszhard Fiilipski, the group of siblings, nicknamed the Flip Children, wage the silent war against the German rail roads, becoming the most dynamic trio to emerge from the war effort - helping blow up train tracks, leading prisoners away from the trucks, rerouting supplies, using their own forces against them - anything. The Flip Siblings were determined to get revenge for the deaths of their mother and father. They'd make the Germans pay.

But Natia only grows more numb as the war continues to progress. A war where she feels there is no more hope is this horrid world, where there is no more light, no more happiness, no more anything. She doesn't feel anything - just a deep, dark, coldness as she continues to fight so ruthlessly, so deadly, without a single thought of the lives she may take in the process.

Going numb was the only thing she could do, even if it meant growing closer to Death, growing closer and closer each and every day to Him, and growing even more reckless that before. It was the only thing she felt she could do.