6 | The Curse of Silence

" Silence is the biggest gift and the worse curse

" Silence is the biggest gift and the worse curse."

- No One

。↷ ✧*̥₊˚‧☆ミ

Prague, Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia

German-occupied

April 23rd, 1944 

0630

The second Natia slid into the car she felt uncomfortable. 

The Nazi uniform was uncomfortable - it was like it were the dress. 

And everywhere she felt her skin crawling, each and every piece of her. 

The enemy - she wore his uniform for her own protection. 

Natia sucked in a deep breath. 

Stay calm. 

Her hair was up in the mess of the cover - with a Nazi emblem on it. Natia shut her eyes, squeezing them real tight. The gloves were slicked with sweat - was it hers or the Nazis? She would never know. The boots clasped around her ankles were double-tied - she always sported a double tie. 

Ever since she could walk, she had adorned the double tie of shoelaces - she never strayed from it. 

Focus. Munich. Gernstein

Natia fumbled for the key she had slid into the pocket of the uniform and quickly started the ignition. She was sweating - everywhere - two uniforms was not brilliant but to ensure the safety of her friends, she'd bear to sweat a little. 

Natia glanced at herself in the rearview mirror - she looked like a Nazi - and it stung in her heart. The brown eyes had enough will to counter it though. Her light brown hair was pushed up into the cover atop her head, slicked back so it looked as if it were a man's hair, and her eyes were similar to the normal piercing eyes of the Nazis. 

Maybe being numb would finally become of use. 

Her eyes read it all - pain, anger, grief, sadness - too many emotions that Natia refrained from letting spill over like a waterfall. She looked like a brainwashed Nazi. Natia sighed to herself. She'd fit right in. She patted around for his papers which had to be in a pocket somewhere - they had to be. She found them. 

Crumpled up inside the inner pocket, which was already warmer than the outside world. She was sweating. Natia slowly dug her hand inside and pulled out the papers. 

Georg Albrecht - Luetnant Georg Albrecht - stationed in Prague. 

There was more information in German, thank God she could read it quite easily as well. 

Notes scrawled from his own hand. 

Natia slowly flipped the flap closed and sighed shoving the paper back into its place. Munich. Natia slowly eased the car forward, moving down the rest of the street before coming towards the end of the alleyway.