Chapter Forty-Seven

Chapter Forty-Seven
————————————
The Wedding Anniversary

October 2021

Liked mjthemax, samariamaxwell, nettieafine and 4,573,100 otherscardiafine Four years ago today, I said 'I do,' to this handsome man

cardiafine Four years ago today, I said 'I do,' to this handsome man. I meant it then, and I mean it now; I'm riding until the wheels fall off, and I'm stepping on necks about @themaddoxmax ❤️ God put us together and continues to bless our marriage. I couldn't imagine this life without you; I am thankful for these past four years together and, of course, for our beautiful children, and I look forward to spending the rest of our lives in love. #Maxwells
View all 45,890 comments
nettieafine it's already been four years 😱

Liked by amandaxx, brockmaxwell, franfine and 5,247,593 othersthemaddoxmax I was lucky to meet someone who has the same drive and wanted the same things in life

themaddoxmax I was lucky to meet someone who has the same drive and wanted the same things in life. I've been married to the girl of my dreams for four years now. I love you, @cardiafine, and our children so much. I would find you in any lifetime.
View all 68,711 comments
franfine 😍

=•=••=•=••=

Cardi and I were meeting with our lawyer to get Cardi's charges dropped; I know she was mad that we couldn't celebrate our wedding anniversary because we had to deal with all of the drama that Paris was causing, which I admit was my fault for not handling her when I should have known better.

"Paris is the only person who can convince the judge to drop the charges," Lisa Davis, our lawyer, said to us.

Cardi rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth at the lawyer's words.

"Is there another option?" Cardi asked her.

"Fight it and prove your innocence," Lisa answered.

"I'll talk to Paris," I said.

Cardi pulled her hand away from mine and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Talk to her if you want to, but I would whether go to jail than let that bitch think she has leverage over me," Cardi said.

I sighed.

"Think about your kids, Cardi," Lisa said.

"I am thinking about my kids; I don't want her thinking it's all good to pop up wherever my kids are," Cardi said.

"Cardi," I said.

"Cardi, you're looking at five to six years in prison if you are proven guilty," Lisa said.

"Cardi, do you think you can do six years away from the kids?" I asked her.

Cardi sighed.

"Do your job, Lisa," Cardi said, standing up and walking out of Lisa's office.

I shook my head and thanked Lisa for her time, then quickly jogged to catch up to Cardi, who was now standing in front of the elevator doors.

"Cardi, you can't keep acting like this," I said to her.

Cardi started pushing the down button with force.

"Shut the hell up, Maddox; this wouldn't be happening if you weren't so scared of that bitch," Cardi said.

"I'm not scared of Paris," I said.

"Oh really, so why does she get away from so much bullshit, but you in my face telling me to behave like I'm not doing all of this to protect our family," She said.

"I just know how she is, and I knew she would act like this. That's why I didn't want you doing anything," I said.

Cardi glared at me.

"I called a car service; I'll be at my sister's house," Cardi said as the elevator opened.

"Cardi," I said as she stopped me from entering the elevator.

"Figure out who you're married to her or me, because I might not be here for too long," Cardi said as the elevator doors closed separating us.

I punched the wall and clenched my jaw.

"Fuck!" I said.