Chapter Nineteen

Chapter Nineteen
———————————
A Fine Family Feud

"Your wedding was so stunning, Fran!" Yettie exclaimed, looking at Fran and Maxwell's wedding photo album.

Fran smiled.

"Thank you, I still can't believe Maxwell and I are married," Fran said.

Yettie touched her botox-filled face and smiled.

"It makes me want to renew my vows," Yettie said.

Nadine rolls her eyes.

"Let's not talk about weddings. Don't you guys know that I'm going through a divorce?" She asked.

"Oh, I'm sorry, how selfish of me not to ask," Yettie said, closing the wedding photo album.

"How are you feeling?" Fran asked, sincerely.

Nadine lets out a sigh.

"How am I feeling? My life is in shambles! Do you know how hard it is to get a divorce at my age?" Nadine asked as she covered her eyes and sobbed into her hands.

Yettie hands her a napkin to dry her eyes with.

Nadine takes it gratefully.

"No, I can't imagine. I never went through a divorce. My first husband died." Fran said.

Unsure how to respond, Nadine just laughs.

"You can't never let me be sad for a moment," Nadine said.

Then Fran and Yettie laugh.

"Oh Fran, I saw Cardi's newest Instagram post. You should tell her to tone it down. She's going to be a married woman now." Yettie said.

"Well, she's a grown woman and her fiancé likes her the way she is," Fran said.

Nadine took a sip of her drink.

"Yettie, don't go there," Nadine said.

"I'm just saying she should be a little more classy. It's sad, she followed in your footsteps." Yettie said.

"And what's wrong with my footsteps?" Fran asked.

"You were always very promiscuous, Fran," Yettie answered.

"Promiscuous? Yettie, you don't even know the definition of Promiscuous. How dare you insult me in my own home!" Fran exclaimed.

"This is your husband's home, not yours," Yettie said.

Fran stared at Yettie and smirked.

"Oh, I see what this is about. You're jealous and still upset that your daughters' could never compete with my girls." Fran said.

Yettie stood up.

"Don't do it, Yettie. Fran, will beat your ass." Nadine said.

"No, please let her. I will have my girls down here so fast to go after your girls if you put your hands on me, Yettie." Fran said, standing up.

"That's what you and your girls are good for. Fighting and being on your backs." Yettie said.

"Jealousy is sure a disease, Yettie, you should go get a life and cure yourself," Fran said, getting in Yettie's face.

Nadine shook her head and stood up, trying to get in the middle of Yettie and Fran.

"Yettie, you do this all the time. Are you not tired of getting your ass beat? Leave Fran alone. You just said her wedding was beautiful and it made you want to renew your vows." Nadine said.

"I lied. It was tacky just like her." Yettie said.

"Come on, we're too old to be fighting like this," Nadine said.

"Exactly, we are too old but she won't let it go. She always has to criticize my girls and me, just because she is jealous. Get the fuck out of my house, Yettie, and don't bother coming back later to apologize when you realize that you're wrong." Fran said.

Yettie grabbed her purse and walked towards the door.

"This isn't over, Fran," Yettie said.

Nadine shook her head.

"God, what is wrong with her?" Fran asked.

"She just won't let the past go and keeps stirring up drama," Nadine answered.

Fran sighed.

"Keep her away from me. I want nothing to do with her anymore." Fran said.

"I guess it's another Fine family feud now," Nadine said.

"She started it and I'll finish it," Fran said.

"Oh, I know you will but let's not end up in a street brawl like last time. I'm still haunted by that video being on YouTube, Fran." Nadine said.

"You put it on YouTube, Nadine," Fran said.

"Oh, right I did," Nadine said.