Chapter Five

Chapter Five
————————————
Here Comes the Brood

Alanna held Cardi's hand and they walked up to the front door. Cardi looked down at Alana and smiled before she rang the doorbell.

The door swung open and they were greeted by Zhan looking handsome in a v-neck shirt and jeans.

"Hello," Zhan said.

Cardi had to stop herself from staring as she cleared her throat before replying with a simple hi.

"Come on in," Zhan said as he opened the door further and stood behind it to allow Cardi and Alanna to pass through the doorway.

As soon as they were in the house Zhan had closed the door behind them.

"Ahn is in the backyard in his clubhouse," Zhan said.

They walked through the large house then made it to the double glass doors and walked out to the backyard and towards the clubhouse when Ahn peeked his head out the window screaming, "Alanna!"

Alanna opened the door entered the clubhouse and gave him a tight hug.

"Well do you two want a snack before you two play?" Zhan asked.

"Nope." The two toddlers answered before Ahn closed the window.

"Looks like we're the only ones having a snack then," Zhan said. "Would you like anything to eat? Or perhaps a cup of coffee or tea?" Zhan inquired.

"If you have orange juice that would be great," Cardi said.

"Sure," Zhan said.

Cardi followed Zhan into the kitchen as she looked around her surroundings and looked at the well-decorated yet comfy home.

"You're wife has amazing taste. Your home is beautiful," Cardi said.

"Thank you but my mother decorated this place and I don't have a wife," Zhan said as he picked up the orange juice carton to fill her a cup.

"So what about Ahn's mom?" Cardi asked.

"She walked out on Ahn the day he was born," Zhan answered.

"That's fucked up. I couldn't imagine walking away from my child. You would have to kill me first to ever do something like that." Cardi said.

"I can tell by the way you act with Alanna, that you would be an amazing mother," Zhan said.

"Thank you," Cardi said as Zhan handed Cardi her cup.

"So, Cardi, tell me about yourself?" Zhan asked.

"I'm sure, you've done your little background check on me after we met at the park," Cardi answered.

"That is true but I want to know things about you that I can't find on a background check," Zhan said.

"I'm just a nanny from the Bronx raised by a single mother just trying to make it in life," Cardi said.