Chapter Sixteen

Chapter Sixteen
——————————————
Fran Gets Married

"Mom, you're not serious?" Nettie asked.

Fran nodded.

"Yes, I am," Fran answered.

"Mom, we can't plan a wedding in two weeks," Cardi said.

"Yes, we can. Maxwell said there's no budget so I hired the best wedding planner to put the wedding together. That's why I called you guys here to help me pick a dress." Fran said.

"At least Cardi won't be a pregnant bridesmaid," Nettie said, as she started walking around looking at dresses.

Fran gasped.

"Are you trying to get pregnant?" Fran asked.

Cardi nodded.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it," Cardi answered.

One of the associates of the bridal boutique came and brought us champagne.

"We might need the whole bottle," Nettie said to the woman.

"Who do you plan on having as the father?" Fran asked.

"Maddox," Nettie answered.

"Are you serious?" Fran asked.

"I'm thinking about it," Cardi replied.

"Well, I can't make any decisions for you but I'm excited to have more grandchildren, no matter who the father is," Fran said with a smile.

"Hey, mom! I think I found the perfect dress for you." Nettie said.

"Let's go look at the dress," Cardi said.

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️

560,000 viewscardiafine Gotta look sexy for Zaddy!View all 678 comments themaddoxmax 😍🤤janaydaniel okay 😍franfine hopefully I get some grandbabies 👀

560,000 views
cardiafine Gotta look sexy for Zaddy!
View all 678 comments
themaddoxmax 😍🤤
janaydaniel okay 😍
franfine hopefully I get some grandbabies 👀

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️

"It's official," Cardi said as she tightened her legs around his waist.

Maddox smirked.

"Yes, it is," Maddox said.

"Are you happy with everything I said at dinner?" Cardi asked.

"Yes, I am. Are you okay with everything?" He replied, nudging her nose with his.

Her eyes were squeezed shut, and it wasn't until he began lightly placing kisses across her face.

She nodded, looking down at his mouth and biting her lip, before raising them to meet his eyes again.

He kissed her.

"I'm going to give you the world, Cardi." He said, snaking his arms around her, kissing her, and holding her.

"You better." She said.

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️

May 13th, 2017

Finally, after thirty long years, the wedding day has arrived.

Fran spends her last night as a single woman at her house, where Cardi reads Fran a letter her late mother, Sylvia wrote to Fran when Fran was born.

They both cry.

Just a few moments before the wedding, Maxwell's sister Jocelyn tells Fran that the social differences between her and Maxwell will ruin their marriage as they did to hers.

At the ceremony, C.C. and Niles read a poem about love being everlasting.

Fran doesn't show up at the altar, leaving everybody apprehensive about what happened to her.

Cardi goes to her dressing room and finds Fran crying on the couch.

Maxwell arrives and Fran tells him that their marriage will never work and decides it will be better if they cancel it.

Max tells Fran that what happened with his sister will not happen to them, because they love each other.

He tells Fran all the wonderful things she has and says he will never get bored with them.

The wedding proceeds, and Fran and Maxwell eventually fall off their honeymoon yacht.

⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️ ⚜️

430,678 likes cardiafine You two are a blessing to each other and we hope your happiness will last for a lifetime

430,678 likes
cardiafine You two are a blessing to each other and we hope your happiness will last for a lifetime. Your wedding day may come and go, but your love is everlasting. I wish you the wedding you both dreamed of and a future better than you can imagine. @franfine @maxwellsheffield
View all 456 comments
nettieafine 😍❤️
janaydaniel So happy for them

340,890 likes nettieafine Of all the milestones we've shared together, this one is one of the greatest

340,890 likes
nettieafine Of all the milestones we've shared together, this one is one of the greatest. Best wishes to you, mommy @franfine and bonus dad @maxwellsheffield.
View all 345 comments
cardiafine still can't believe we really planned this wedding in two weeks
nettieafine @cardiafine I can't believe it either
sirrocco Congratulations