Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen
——————————————
Strange Bedfellows

Quiava was fuming when she walked into Maddox's office. Jean had just shown her the pictures of Maddox and Cardi.

She was pissed then to make matters worse, the first thing she saw once she made it into the office was a picture of Cardi hanging on the wall behind Maddox's desk.

"Why is her picture up there?" Quiava asked, pointing to the picture.

Maddox looked up from his computer.

"Because I want it there," Maddox answered.

"Do you like her?" Quiava asked.

"Yes, I do," Maddox answered.

Quiava stomped her feet.

"Why?" She asked.

Maddox sighed and stood up.

"Quiava, you've been an amazing friend and business partner to me over the years but I will never have feelings for you and honestly you shouldn't have feelings for me. And if I did anything to make you feel like it was okay to catch feelings for me, I apologize. Cardi is different, a good different and my kids love her." Maddox answered.

"You're sorry for causing me to catch feelings for you." She said with a chuckle. "Wow, so some stripper comes in and all of a sudden you want to be in a relationship. What happened to 'I'm going to stay single for the rest of my life' huh?" She asked.

"Things changed. I met someone who changed my mind." He answered.

"You like her." She said, knowing she didn't have a chance with Maddox.

Quiava walked out of Maddox's office, tears starting to fall down her cheeks when she ran into Jean.

Jean was about to insult her but once he saw her crying, he frowned.

"Are you crying over him?" Jean asked.

Quiava quickly wiped away her tears.

"No." She said, trying to walk around Jean but he blocked her.

"Quiava, would you like a drink?" Jean asked.

Quiava nodded.

Jean grabbed her hand and led her to the kitchen.

"There's no need to cry, Quiava, Maddox was never the right man for you," Jean said as Quiava took a seat at the kitchen table.

"How do you know that?" She asked.

"Because if he was the right man, you would have been married by now." He answered.

"I guess." She said.

⚜️   ⚜️   ⚜️