32: Zorome's Anger

Miku

For a few seconds, Miku was confused and had no clue what was going on. One moment, Hyaku had been gripping her pigtails and the back of her neck, pushing her into the water. The next, the weight had been lifted and she was able to lift her head above the water. Her eyes were screwed shut, the sensation of water going into them was a little much for her.

"Bastard!" A familiar voice shouted, followed by the sound of water splashing and skin hitting skin.

"Z-Zorome?" Miku opened her eyes. Zorome was facing Hyaku, who had fallen into the water and was struggling to his feet. A red handprint was now on Hyaku's face. He was facing Zorome with pure insanity in his eyes. Both of the boys were breathing heavily.

"Oh, if it isn't the bullheaded brat," Hyaku sneered. "I knew I should've dealt with you before Miku. Maybe if I had she'd have run to me instead...what a shame." He sighed.

"Keep dreaming!" Miku snapped. "I would never choose to be with anyone other than Zorome. We're partners and we've gone through a lot together!"

"Yeah," Zorome said smugly. "So there!" He then swung his fist toward Hyaku, catching him squarely in the eye. Hyaku grunted and lunged for him, grasping him by the shoulders and shoving him into the water.

"Zorome!" Miku cried. She felt weak and dizzy from shock and from having had her head pushed underwater for a bit. She was in no condition to fight and knew she wouldn't be successful if she tried. She swayed on her feet as she watched them duke it out in the water. 

She could hardly see more than water spraying into the air as the two boys fought each other. Both of the boys were screaming at each other, though Zorome's high-pitched voice rang louder and clearer in the evening air. 

"You're a monster!" Zorome screeched as the two boys fought. "I can't believe...you...almost killed Miku!" He punched Hyaku again, this time in the jaw. Hyaku grunted. Blood began to drip from the silver-haired boy's mouth, making him look even more insane than he had before. His one eye was swollen shut while the other one glistened with crazed hatred.

"I had to, don't you see?" Hyaku said between loud and raspy breaths. "Miku...she's basically 988. I knew it when I first saw her... Her beautiful red hair, the way she acts and talks...her temper...everything about her reminds me of 988. She belongs to me. If I can't have her, that means nobody can."

"I don't 'belong' to anyone," Miku retorted. She was ignored, much to her irritation.

"If I kill her, I get to see you suffer for taking her," Hyaku continued, smirking as he spoke to Zorome. "That's the only reason I decided not to kill you first. I wanted to watch you suffer the way I have for the past while."

"Evil bastard!" Zorome growled between clenched teeth. "I'll make you pay for what you've done to Miku! I'm not going to let you get away with this, you hear?"

Zorome

Fury was pulsing through Zorome's veins, causing each and every one of his muscles to tense up. He was going to make sure Hyaku got what he deserved. His breaths shook as he began to step closer to the silver-haired boy again. He was in shock, his only instinct was to protect Miku and do whatever it took to stop Hyaku from hurting her. He wanted Hyaku to suffer for harming her. 

He glared at Hyaku, alert to every single tiny movement he made. He was glad that he'd already caused him some damage. Hyaku's eye was red, swollen shut from the punch he'd been given. Blood was dripping down from the corners of his mouth from having been punched in the jaw. There was also a red handprint on his cheek from where he'd first been slapped. Seeing him hurt pleased Zorome. He had to make Hyaku know he'd never allow him to touch Miku again. 

"Get out of my way," Hyaku ordered him darkly. "I'm not going to let you spoil my plans. 988...she's...she's basically Miku. I know we were meant to be partners, it's so obvious! But you came along and ruined it...ruined everything. Now Miku will never be my partner. I guess that means the two of you will just have to die." He tried to shove past Zorome but he didn't allow it. 

Despite being a whole lot smaller than Hyaku, Zorome's rage and adrenaline caused him to be a powerful fighter. He grabbed Hyaku's long hair and pulled him close to him until they were nose-to-nose.

"Don't think I'm gonna let you get off easy," Zorome growled. He didn't have anything witty to say so he just smacked Hyaku again.

Hyaku grabbed Zorome by the shoulders and threw him into the water. Zorome immediately resurfaced, spluttering and coughing.

"Zorome..." Miku, who was sitting nearby with her head just above the surface looked weaker than he'd ever seen her. 

It made him feel even angrier. He didn't like seeing her like that. 

As he turned to face Hyaku, the other boy attacked him again. He punched him in the chest, causing him to fall back into the water. Hyaku lunged for Zorome again but he kicked him in the face as he did so. He stumbled back, giving Zorome enough time to leap to his feet again. His chest hurt where it had been punched but he was hardly aware of it.

"You little bitch!" Zorome yelled. "You're gonna get it!" 

"Huh," Hyaku snorted. "You're half my size. I doubt you'd ever be able to do anything to me."

"Uh, I already did, but whatever," Zorome scoffed and lunged toward him again. The two boys continued to fight in the water, wrestling and throwing blows wherever they could. At times, Zorome's head was plunged underwater but he reacted quickly each time, not letting it deter him from giving the silver-haired boy a piece of his mind.

"I'm not going to let you get away with this! I will make sure you never hurt her again!"