ch.10

After a little while I decided I should draw myself a nice, hot bath to accompany atleast my first drink. I opened the doors that lead from my bedroom into my own personal bathroom and stripped at the door.. The tub was huge, could probably use it as a swimming pool. It had a staircase that led into a 5ft deep private tub separated from the rest of the bathroom. I had to walk down into it to turn it on. Soap came out in an automatic dispenser as the water started filling up. Never in my life could I have ever even imagined a bathroom like this.
I zoned out on the water running, almost seeming like it would never fill. Then there was a knock on the bathroom door.
"It's tase, I have the drinks and the galsses." I couldn't help but smirk at the thoughts swirling inside my head. 'Often people nude are in their most  vulnerable state.. maybe he'd let his guard down and loosen up' that was the most innocent of thoughts my mind was being devoured with.
"Come in, why don't you join me. This tub is.. afterall... big enough for multiple people.. it'd be a shame to waste this much on just myself." I close my eyes letting myself sink back into the water feeling his gaze burn into me as he stood there contemplating what to do.
Next thing I knew I heard a loud clasping sort of sound that brought my attention to where tase had entered the tub. Fun fact apparently this tub also has a table that comes out of the wall just above the water by the stairs. It was like having a mini bar stool table inside a stand up tub. Tase was setting up the drinks on the table. He put the crown on rocks walking over and handing me one of the glasses. I found my way to one of the chair like indents of the tub and sat across from tase as he found another one to sit on.
"So you know my taste of poison now, but what is yours?" I drank from my glass.
"Honestly... I prefer moonshine."  He swirled his glass before taking a sip.
"Hhmmh really? I'll have to remember that." I took another sip "why moonshine?" He zoned out on the water as if having Vietnam flashbacks.
"My father owned a moonshine distillery." He chugged the rest of his glass, making his way over for another. "Anyways, are you excited about tomorrow night?" I had a feeling him and his father weren't on the best of terms for the drawn out zoning and quick change of subject.
"Nervous actually..." He took my glass filling it again. "Everyone is expecting me to become heir to this... clan.. but up till a few days ago I was clueless about everything. And now.. now I'm being trained, tailored, repurposed." I finished my glass in a gulp. Tase taking it from me and refilling it. "Having to act like a prince and being...incharge.. so to speak, of all these people. People that I don't even know... its a heafty price to pay.. for a debt that wasn't even mine.. but a mother who gave me up."
I kinda just stared at the water for a minute till tase came and grabbed my cup setting it on the little bath table.
"Okay... well on that note. How about I show you another perk of being a vampire?" I looked up in a flirtatious curiosity. What else could he show me.. especially in a bathtub as deep as a pool. "Come underwater with me and I'll show you. Just let your body sink all the way to the bottom." I did as he said and sunk to the bottom opening my eyes and taking in the full view that was a naked Tase. I don't know how long it was after that I realized... since I was dead I didn't have a need to come up for air. I was ecstatic. I always loved being in the water.. when he realized I finally noticed he started smiling and I could feel that stiff, military like persona of his starting to melt away.i  pointed upwards signaling I wanted to get above water. When we got above water I was so excited.
"I've always loved being in water, in fact as a child I used to make belive I was a merman! This is so cool!" As I calmed down I noticed tase just staring at me with the same smile as before. He started moving closer and I could feel my breathing become uneasy. He brought my hand up out of the water and just held his up against mine. I looked deep into his eyes, as if in a trance we started to move our faces towards eachother. Then there was a heavy knock at the bathroom door that pulled us both out of the trance.