ch.16

TASES POV
"are you really going to take away the only picture I have of my parents before you made my mother kill my father which ended with her killing herself?" Arkin said firmly.
"No, i suppose one measly picture wouldn't hurt." Lance noded his head to signal the gaurds out of the room. "Tase I expect you to follow me to my office as well." He turned around and left out the door. I looked at arkin and before I could even say anything he turned his back to me.
"Haven't you done enough tase?"  I wanted to apologize for betraying his trust but nothing I could say would make any difference so I left and caught up with Lance.
"This is the kind of behavior I want to see out of you. That's why tonight is not just Arkins coronation. It's finally time for you to take over the gaurds. I expect great things from you tase. Infact as your first mission, I want all of the journals taken from the library and put into the vault. I don't need arkin finding out more truths and turning on us. He would be one powerful enemy. Dismissed." With that I took off to the library. What am I supposed to do, if I take away the journals he will never forgive me but if I dont... it could mean him getting hurt. He might be the one taking over the vampire clan but he's not the one with seniority over them. If they come to question any of arkins decisions they will look to lance for approval or worse... his disapproval.  I'd rather him hate me than get hurt... but is there a way I can make it look like it wasn't me.. I paced back and fourth past the library doors. I think I got it.
I found lance and explained my plans.
"I need arkin to completely trust me incase he finds anything out right? So what if we keep my position a secret for another month or two, we can have the gaurds storm the library while he's in there with me and have someone else in charge temporarily as a decoy so he doesnt blame it on me.. I can slightly argue back exaggerating how ridiculous it is to take the books out blah blah blah. Meanwhile the gaurds are taking all the books and heading out to the vault. Arkin cries looking for comfort, I'm there, he trusts me again, the books are gone and he's non the wiser to where they all went, or who was in charge of it. I can become his best friend, someone he relies on, I can steer him in the proper directions like a puppet, however you'll be the one holding the real strings. I'll just be the incentive he needs to Cooperate. "
"Hmmh... and your willing to do all of this why exactly. What do you get out of this tase?"
"I get arkin not hating me... as well as fufilling my duties just as my mother once did. And it's what's best for the clan. We know arkin hasn't been raised here, he doesn't know how things work, and he's got a soft spot for humans and always will. The love he has for them could bring down our clan for good. We can't let that happen. This is my family too lance." Lance smiled and patted me on the back.
"I'm so glad you took after your mother tase, she would be so proud of you. Do as you wish just pick the decoy as someone of unimportance my dear boy." He started walking away and my stomach was twisting. 'The only reason you are doing this is to protect arkin tase. He'll thank you for it someday.'