ch.14

ARKINS POV
I woke up to the door rattling, Someone was trying to get in. I was scared for my own safety. What if it was the castle gaurds? I would surely be punished for killing what's considered my own kin now.  I was unable to Move as fear struck my body. Eventually the door stopped rattling and there was a moment of silence. Did whoever was at the door decide to move on after realizing it was locked? The few moments of relief that i had, had quickly diminished. Suddenly the door had busted open and was now lying on the floor. It was hard to make out who was standing there but I was frozen.
"Arkin!" Next thing I knew arms had been thrown over me in the tightest hug that I've ever had. "It's okay. Your not in trouble. Why did you run away so far?" I'm pretty sure I disassociated out of fear... because I was numb till what he said, along with him hugging me; had made a connection in my brain. I put my arms around him and it all came flooding out. I couldn't stop it.
"I was scared tase. I'm in a new place with strangers that I'm supposed to rule over." I wiped my face with one of my sleeves. "I'm not allowed to go back home to see my parents, the people who raised me. Not even my friends. I know I'm supposed to be the prince but I feel like I'm in a den of ravenous wolves and I'm slowly being eaten.. especially as my real family was picked off one by one. I don't understand how everyone thinks I'd be fine with only the little bit of knowledge I have of my real parents and still want to stay. I just don't know if I can do this or be this person... this leader everyone here is expecting me to be. Not only that but I have no idea what's happening to me. No one else here seems to have the same issues vamping out the way I do. I killed a man tase.. I killed somone...how could I have done that..." I was crying my heart out and tase just held me as the muscles in my stomach started to ache from the amount of crying.
TASES POV
Once arkin had settled down I took a deep breath, backing away to make sure I could properly make eye contact with him.
"Arkin, no one is going to punish you. One of the indulgences of a vampire... as messed up as it may be.. is murder. Sometimes by accident but most times it's chosen. Besides that you're the prince if you kill anyone whether vampire or human you're just going to get a congratulations for feeding the darker side of yourself.. you will soon get to make the rules.. as for the stuff about your real parents... it'll reveal itself all in due time. You'll hear amazing stories and some less than fairytale things. But you will eventually know the truth." Then I looked around at my surroundings realization settling in.
"What is it?" Arkin questioned while looking around himself. "Is that?" He stood up walking towards a broken dusty picture.
"Your parents..." He picked the frame up and carefully pulled on it to reveal the well preserved picture .
"Tase I don't understand.... I thought this was outside property lines by far?"
"This must be the place your mother was referring to in her diarys."
"You read my mother's diarys?"
"They became property of the library a few years after.... the incident..."
"Also what do you mean by she wrote about this place ?"
"In your mother's diary she kept talking about a place beyond the property line that she would always go to meet with your father. This had to of been the place. I mean the picture frame... we need to see if there's more stuff here." He nodded in agreement. We searched through everything in the log shed but there wasn't anything of importance to be found, Just a bunch of old pictures. We decided it was finally time to head back to the castle to get ready for the coronation.