Ch. 8

When we got to the hall there were so many people. Some with different types of fabrics, others with samples of alcohol and foods we could actually digest properly. Some had flowers and clothing, others were just setting up tables, chairs, and decorations.
"Arkin, this is lady madalyn. She's in charge of fabrics." My grandfather said as I shook her hand and then she led me over to the fabrics and asked for my favorite color which I of course said was blue because it is. She clapped her hand and about 13 people with different shades of blue satin fabric came about and I chose my favorite. A Colbalt blue satin fabric that was just so glossy looking I couldn't resist. She and her crew walked about and started decorating the hall with the fabric.Another person came about.
"This is lady antabello who is in charge of your outfit which we will get to a little later in the dressing room." He said with a stern voice that left her moving away quickly. "Over here to the table now we will have you sample some stuff and you'll tell us what stuff you like and what stuff you don't."
  I sampled like 50 different types of food That our bodies could actually digest and now we were switching to the alcohol. This should be interesting. On this table they had 10 different types of wine, 20 types of whiskey, and like 13 other things that I never even heard of. I was to take half a glass of each wine and pick out my favorites, a shot of each of the others and have drinks mixed to create a whole glass. By the time we were done I was tipsy and almost fell off of a stage, twice.
"Time for the outfit for your coronation." My grandfather said.
"Pardon my intrusion sir but maybe it'd be best for him to rest and sober up a bit first before making a permanent decision on an outfit." I poked his cheek then giggled a little.
"Perhaps you're right tase, take him to his living quarters and keep an eye on him. I'm assuming I can trust you to take care of him and make sure he picks his outfit out before tomorrow's noon?"
"Of course sir." And with that he led me to my room where I pounced on my bed like a child and just laid there on my tummy. Tase stood guard at my door while I took a nap. When I woke up mizuki was standing guard at my door.
"Wench."
"Rat." She retorted
"Snake."
"Snob"
"Bitch."
"Fag-" the door opened and there was tase looking between the both of us. I blinked a few times at him as he came over to me.
"Mizuki you are being released from your post. I've got a handle on The prince for the time being." She rolled her eyes and angrily stomped away. I got up too fast and almost fell and in seconds tase was already steadying me by holding onto my torso. "You need to lay down still Arkin the alcohol hasn't completely left your system."
"Why is there still alcohol in my system!? I have drank more than this before and have felt fine." I laid on my bed
"You're a vampire now, our digestive systems are different than humans. Alcohol and drugs have a higher potency especially when the liver is basically dead because... I mean... you are technically dead.." he rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly.
"Great.. just great.. because that's exactly what I need right now." I rolled my eyes
"Why were you getting up in he first place?"
"I wanted the door shut." I crossed my arms in annoyance. He laughed a bit then got up to shut the door behind him.
"Wait..." I looked down "do you... do you mind staying in here with me. Just for a little while." He looked at me to the post he was supposed to be at and back to me. He came back in the room closing the door behind him.