Ch.9

"So.. since I'll be staying here for a long time I guess, why don't we talk and get to know each other?" I motioned him to sit on the other side of my bed.
"What do you want to know?" He was stiff and kept formal the whole time he was with me. He was always on guard and never relaxed. We talked about a lot of things in the two hours we had before he told me that we needed to head to the seamstress to get an outfit picked out and fitted. He told me how he liked to read as well and how he's read about half of the books in the library over the years. His favorite colors, his favorite movie. Just a bunch of stuff and it was nice to have someone here I could confide in, the last two days have felt pretty lonely. I kept repeating everything he liked over and over in my head as we walked so I could remember it all.
We finally got to the seamstress fitting room where I had to try on clothes that just looked like old people clothing. Each one I said wasn't my style till she ran out of clothing. I got out my phone and looked up a nice dress outfit. Black Skinny jeans with a blue silk shirt tucked in with white suspenders and a black silk bow tie. She took my body measurements after carefully examining the picture and said it would be ready the morning of the coronation. With that I put my clothes back on and tase took me back to my room.
Once I was in the familiar settings of my room I tried to calm down, alcohol just barley in my system.
"Is there anything specific you would like to dine on? By your bedside is a list of the things our body is able to digest beside blood."
I grabbed the list and noticed most of it was rare meats and alcohol.
"Can I have anything?" He looked at me bewildered by such a question
"You are... the prince... Arkin.. You can have... well.. whatever your heart desires. Indulgence is one of the many pleasures we vampires have the luxury of." I took a deep breath while looking tase up and down.. the way he said that made my body feel like electricity was going through it. No.... it would complicate things further..
"You said alchol and drugs take on higher affects on us right.... well.. I'd like to test my tolerance if that's the case. I want to see what my limit is like with this... well.. new body.. so to speak." He had an almost sadistic looking smile on
"Whats your flavor of poison.. my prince?" I looked him up and down with a smile of my own.
"Bring me.... crown royal... with 2 glasses.. and someone else to stand gaurd.. I want you to partake in this adventure with me."
"As you wish." He bowed his head and with that he took off leaving a replacement for guard duty.