ch. 22

TASES POV
After leaving arkins doorway I decided to check in on things with lance.
"He's accepted the offer to go see his family one last time."
"Perfect, I can remain incharge for the next week and you can make amends to your guy's relationship so I can pull the strings throught you."
"So what exactly do you have planned while we are away?"
"Something that's going to help this clan thrive tase, and arkin will be none the wiser." He paced around the room "carry on with your duties tase." I left to the command room and sent word for the gaurds. I wonder what lance is planning to do, I know he would never do anything to harm the clan but I also know he wants arkin out of the way. The gaurds started coming in one by one till everyone was here.
"Listen up cause I'm only going to say this once. Arkin and I are going on a trip and I need one of you with us but in secret!" I pulled out another plane ticket  "I'll need everyone else on gaurd here making sure that whoever got past last time doesn't make it through again. Things should be relatively quite considering arkin will not be here though understood?"
"Sir!"
"Dismissed other than Artemis."
"Let me guess cousin, you want me to babysit the spoiled brat on the Trip don't you?"
"It's not just that. Arkin lives in the same place as lacy." He turned at me with a golden retriever look in his eyes.
"When we're you going to tell me this tase?" He grabbed my shoulders " I've been searching for her for over a century."
"While securing arkin we stayed with a nearby clan. She's the only vampire I've seen wear all white. We will be staying with them again so my plans aren't all that innocent, especially with brining you along for lacy."
"Does lance know about this?"
"No and he's not going to unless you and lacy decide to bring the clans together in marriage. Bringing you with, That was lacys proposal if I ever came back. The rest is up to you. I don't want lance finding out untill you and lacy decide what to do. I don't want him blowing things out of proportion then setting his fire towards you and lacy if you decided marriage isn't it."
"I understand."
"Your flight leaves 2 hours before ours. I've already made arrangements with lacys clan and have spoken to them about secrecy. As far as arkin will know you are apart of their clan. After we get there and he finds out at some point there won't be anything he can do about it so are we clear?"
"Absolutely." And with that he left.
  I headed over to the hospitalized section of the castle and called for a nurse to go to arkin to collect a bag of blood from him for the child. Not long after that I went back to the command room and finished up some paperwork.

ARKINS POV
After I heard tase leave I deflated in relief. What the hell was I thinking... why did I kiss his cheek. I could feel the blood rushing to my face. No! I'm still mad at him. Yes be mad at him! I stomped around my room reminding myself that he was being an asshat and that he couldn't get my forgiveness by buying plane tickets to say goodbye to my family.  I went over to my bed and ended up passing out.
Next thing I knew I was being woken up by a nurse. Oh right blood was to be taken. I sat up and she got me all situated and I waited impatiently for it to be over. Once it was over she handed me a bag of vampire blood to replenish myself.
"Wait.. are you going to see the girl?"
"Yes deary, none of us know when She's had blood last so it's a good thing to give to her first hand." I hoped off my bed.
"Can I come with? I'd like to meet her."
"Of course you can, you are the ruler now sweetie. You can do whatever you please." We both walked just a few rooms over and she knocked on the door. I absent-mindedly had the blood bag I was drinking from just hanging from my mouth holding it up by biting the straw piece with my teeth. When the girl opened the door she immediately slammed it shut.
"I was afraid this was going to happen." The nurse was about to signal the gaurds to force the door open but I stopped her.
"Let me try talking to her, I'll take the blood bag for her and I promise she will drink it. Leave me to it I won't let you down." The nurse looked at both of the gaurds as if giving a signal then left. I knocked on the door
"Go away!" then sat down against it.
"I'm sorry hun we have agreements to uphold so I won't be going anywhere." Silence "my name's Arkin, Arkin Jones. I've only been here for about 2 months. I know it can be scary, having a new life surrounded by people you don't know, rules that don't apply to the outside world that you're expected to follow. Then there's the whole drinking blood thing. Unfortunately Gerald made an impulsive decision and you got stuck in the middle of it all. I know it's not fair but you have to drink this blood bag in order to maintain your human life for the time being."
"I want to go back with grandpa gerald!"
"I understand that believe me I do. Our clans have made a bond so If you don't drink to stay alive then you'll never get the chance to see him again." She opened the door just a sliver to look out of it
"How do I know I'll actually get to see him and you aren't just feeding me a promise you can't keep?" I stood up and looked at her from between the door.
"I'm the ruler now, I can make anything happen. And I certainly don't make promises that I can't keep."  She stood there in thought then eventually opened the doors but ran over to her bed. I looked around her room.
"No wonder your uncomfortable here.. this is no room for any 15 year old." I shuttered at the thought of being 15 with a old grandmother looking bedroom. Flower patterns, walls are creme colored with floral patterns, and the floors were tile.  I sat next to her on her bed and handed her the blood bag.
"I know the taste is unpleasant for you especially since you're human but it's going to keep you alive." She looked at the blood then back up at me.
"You didn't have to kill a vampire for the blood did you? I know at grandpa Geralds they did. They said I was no longer allowed his blood and about how much they had to go through to get blood because no one was willing to help because he broke rules."
"No, this is actually my blood. I promise no one will be harmed in order to keep you alive. You have my word on that, besides. Our clan has different rules. You're only allowed to drink blood of the royals... that would be me... oh and lance but I don't really like him. He's spooky and mean and I don't want you to have to deal with him just yet. Not if I can help it anyhow." She looked at the blood again then at me then took it and started drinking it. She drank it super fast too then for a second a peice of her hair turned white then dissapeared. Her skin became more warm with color and she looked healthier then when she  first got here. I decided I'd keep this information a secret.
"I'm going to be leaving for a little while. While I'm gone I'm putting Mizuki in charge of getting you acquainted with the place. You rember the girl I was standing with when You first arrived?" She noded "she can be a handful at times but she's got good intentions. There's no one else I'd trust more to watch and take care of you here." I got up and walked over to the doors to leave
"Amelia." I turned around "my name is amelia."
"It's nice to properly meet you Amelia."
With that I left to go pack my bags.