Ch. 6

-And that's when I saw the living room packed with people and drinks. They all shook my hand as I entered and some of them bowed. I didn't like all of the attention I was getting. I was used to sitting in the back of the class, never getting picked during gym, and just going unnoticed by people. It was a strange feeling having all eyes on me.
Tase and Mizuki led me to a winding staircase and took me all the way up to the highest secluded room in the castle. They knocked on the door and we were greeted by a man in a butlers outfit who offered us tea to which I gladly took. He led us to three seats in a sort of dungeon looking office. That's when a guy who looked to be in his mid 40's turned around in his desk chair with his fingers touching in a way that signaled he was thinking. He stood up and was about the same height as me. Once he locked eyes with me a sense of calm took over. His pupils dilated quick almost alien-like.
"You must be Arkin, I'm Lance it's nice to finally meet you... grandson." My eyes widened how could this man be my grandfather?! We look nothing alike. He looks like Ethan Hawke with a widows peak and shorter hair and I look like kanneki Ken from Tokyo ghoul or zero from vampire knight and besides that isn't a widows peak like a family genetic thing? I don't have that!
"You seem disenchanted by this news Arkin, is something wrong?" The man asked
"How come you don't have white hair and red eyes? I was told my mother had the same eyes and hair as I." The man laughed
"You see son that's a good question, one that I am unfortunately unable to answer." He scratched his cheek with a smile in thought "all I know is that my daughter was born with white hair and red eyes with powers she had to learn to control."
"Powers?" He smiles and shifted his head to the right a bit
"Yes, Powers, powers which I'm sure you'll develop in time that you'll have to learn to control... of course.. she was only a small child when she got hers. Maybe you'll be different and have more control over them."
I looked around as a feeling of overwhelming pain suddenly took over. "Benjamin bring me all of the different blood types in packages." the man yelled to the butler and within minutes he was back and sat the Packets in front of me. "Drink my child, you'll feel better but pick out the one you favor the most." I drank and drank but one, in particular, stood out to me with its flavor. I held onto it as I drank the rest and my eyes stopped glowing. I wiped my mouth on the sleeve of my shirt and showed them the blood bag I desired over the rest.
"Interesting..." tase said
I looked over at him
"What is? It's just blood right?"
"That's not the interesting part Arkin. You favor AB- blood type... it's extremely rare.." Mizuki replies
"Did my mother prefer it too?" We all looked at lance with curiosity filling our minds to the brim.
"Yes actually, it kept her hunger at bay for a longer period of time. It also boosted her powers."
"What kind of powers did she have?" I questioned
"Well she had the ability to heal, shapeshift, and she could touch someone and see their future she just couldn't see when they'd die or how. Those are the only powers we knew of anyhow."
"So my mother was supposed to like rule over the vampires, she fell in love with a human which was forbidden, got them both killed after she gave birth to me, 20 years later here I am listening to all of this."
"Precisely." They all said in unison.
"Great..."
"Tase can show you to your room on the other side of the castle, Mizuki and he will be across the hall from you. Once you're settled in we will go over some things for you to get accustomed to."
Tase showed me to my room and Mizuki took off ahead and into hers. Tase opened the door and when I saw my room it was amazing. The room was red and black with satin and silk everything. The picture frames were lined with a nice gold, the closet was a walk-in. It was just huge.
"So what do you think... prince Arkin?" Tase said with a smirk
"Expensive." Was all I could manage to say.
"Well.. yea.. anyways, you can explore the castle any door that's numbered has someone staying in it so any door that's not numbered you can go into. There's a library in the west tower and a swimming pool in the east. Just feel free to wander around and we'll come to get you when it's time for dinner."
"Sweet and thanks," I Said turning around and with that, he left.