ch. 11

TASES POV
I don't know what I was thinking getting into that tub with him. I have a job.. I'm not supposed to be getting distracted.. especially not with the prince.. who's set to marry my sister. I know he said he's gay but that doesn't change what the Sears have prophesied for the clan. The fact that he looks exactly like his mother is proof enough of his destiny and that of his future childs.
As soon as that knock ensued I felt like I was going to get into major trouble. I put my finger up to my mouth signaling arkin not to say anything about me. He noded grabbed a towel wrapping it tightly around his waist. Opened the bathroom door.
"Wench." I calmed down knowing it was just my sister.
"Tone it down you rat! I know he's in here." Next thing I knew she stomped down the stairs just right before the water met the stairs she stepped on. "You need to get out now! Falibon has been looking for you, someone tried breaking in. Luckily they didn't get passed the hounds! Now hurry it up, I don't feel like making up some half assed excuse as to why all of us are in here and you two are the only ones wet!" I quickly got out, dried off and dressed and profusely apologized to arkin for the possible anxiety I've caused him as I headed out the bathroom door. Mizuki and I made our way to the tactic room with haste.
"And where were you Tase? I expect a good answer son."
"I was watching after the prince sir."  I stood at attention adressing him as a military superior. You see he's Mizukis real father where as I... was born a bastard child. "Do we know how many tried breaking in or why sir?"
"Thats the thing.. I have my suspicions since the prince has newly arrived back home is the reason..."
"Sir, but only those within the castle walls know of his return."
"Which means we have a leak. Since you're to takeover this position after arkins coronation tomorrow I give you full control to weed out and dispose of whoever the leak is. Understand?!"
"Sir!" Just what I needed to get my head back to my job and away from arkin..  I can't dissapoint them... not again.. not after that day..

ARKINS POV
After tase left I decided I'd actually use my tub as a swimming pool. I took another glass full and let myself sink to the bottom of the 5ft deep walk in tub. Maybe an hour later I was starting to get sleepy... I didn't think about it before but.. since when do vampires sleep...  I looked up from under the water and saw someone or rather a cloaked figure. Just standing over the water at the steps. I figured maybe the water blured figure was maybe onr of the guards but as I got closer to the surface panic started to set in. I came up blinking the water out of my eyes and the figure was gone, I didn't dare move from the water.
"Tase, I don't know if you can hear me but I think someone was in my room. This is my 1st call out to you." I repeated it a total of 3 times making sure to say what number after each time just to make sure he could hear me. Next thing I knew as the last words left my lips tase showed up busting the bathroom door open along with 3 of the hounds who were snifing like crazy.
"It's okay I have everything under control arkin. Let's get you dressed okay and I'll have 2 extra guards stand by your bedroom door and 1 inside your room." I nodded getting out of the tub and getting dressed as one of the dogs started howling the other 2 followed.  "They've caught a scent." As arkin went to leave I grabbed his arm before he could rush off again.
"Tase... I understand if you cant... but I'd feel safer having you guard the part thats inside my room as I sleep rather than a stranger..." He smiled
"As much as I'd love that arkin... I have a job to do.. but I promise as soon as this round with the hounds is over I will come check on you okay?" I nodded and let his arm go and an unfamiliar body took his place. The guard introduced himself but I honestly just deflated and felt alone again so I didn't pay him any mind after shaking his hand. I decided it was just time for me sleep.