ch. 12

Arkins pov
I woke up to a loud knock on the bedroom door. The guard inside my room went to open it letting lady Madelyn in with her 2 assistants and a Mobile closet with many outfits on it. She handed the guard my outfit and told him to have me try it on and make sure everything felt right if not then I needed to allow her 2 hours in advance to the coronation for time to get it fixed.
I laid back down covering my head back up under the blankets not ready to leave my bed. I got my phone out taking note of the time, It was only 7am.  I huffed and dramatically threw the blankets off my head unable to go back to bed. I got out of bed and felt really groggy still.. probably from last night's drinking which I didn't even get to finish.. but maybe there's a chance for it tonight at the coronation.
I got out of bed and went to the kitchen to get breakfast. The people cooking started bowing asking why I would grace the kitchen with my presence instead of having food sent up. I scratched the back of my head in an anxious manner and smiled.
"Honestly I'm not used to food being sent up haha, I came to the kitchen with intentions to make my own food really." They all gasped and told me not to worry to just go back to my room and they'd send up something special for breakfast today. I knew from their mannerisms that there wasn't any point in trying to talk them down to let me cook my own food so I just headed back to my room.
When I got to the room I decided to call my mom but it went straight to voicemail so I hungup.
"How odd." I just shrugged it off and deflated back into my bed. Next thing I knew tase was coming back into my room.He told me they didn't find anything, that the hounds led him to a dead end at the west side of the property.. And that after the coronation He would be really busy for awhile Maintaining the guards training and revamping security.
"Can you spend the rest of the day with me then atleast? You're the only other person I've connected with since arriving here... I'm in a den of strangers tase.." I pleaded with puppy dog like eyes.
"Very well then" He handed the hounds back to the other guards and told them to take then back outside to their posts. "What would you like to do for the rest of the evening my prince?" He linked his arm to mine as we walked.
"I think I'd like to go to the library."  He noded and we started our walk to the library. At this point it was about 12pm.
"So where are you hoping to visit in your next book?"
"I'm hoping the past, I want to read The cask of amontillado."
"Edgar Allen poe.... maybe you were made to rule the night relm of vampires. Especially with sadistic taste in books such as that." We both laughed. Next thing we knew there was a scream and glass being broken. Tase and I looked at eachother then panicky ran around the corner to where the scream came from. I stayed in the doorway as tase went further into the room...
A man was standing over top of a broken glass bleeding and a lady on the floor, which tase had rushed over to. She was curled up in a corner with bruises. Guards came up and stoped behind me. I felt anger coming from the man and from the lady she was scared..next thing I knew an insatiable hunger had taken over me, I couldn't fight it. Tsse took note and told the guards to hold me down.. but they were too late and Within seconds my fangs pierced through the flesh of the bleeding man.
I could see tase hovering over the lady so she couldn't see anything and the guards pulling at my sleeves begging me to stop but I couldn't. This taste was different. It was like a red lustful frenzy cascading down my throat. I was getting high off the metallic taste then poof. The man turned into dust and my cravings had been satisfied for the time being.
When I realized what happend I ran. What was happening to me, did I just kill that man? Why did I drink from another vampire and why did it feel like my anger was a totally different person taking over my body? I left out the door and ran as far into the woods I could. I came across an abandoned log shed that was more like a small cot. It had a bed and a desk with papers on it and dust everywhere so I knew it hadn't been used in awhile. I would be safe here for a little while. I dusted of the bed and curled up in a ball repeating all the questions I had over and over. Eventually I fell asleep.