ch.15

ARKINS POV
We searched the log shed when I noticed a loose floorboard under the desk that was there.. I handed a stack of books to tase and told him him look through them while I checked the desk drawers.. there was a paper right under the books that was marked by my mother. It sounded like a half written suicide note, explaining that it was the clans fault that by the time anyone could read it she'd be gone.. killing her lover was the worst thing she could've ever did and that she was coming for him. Then it just ended.. after reading the bit there I had to make sure he wasn't watching me so I could carefully open a small sliver of the floorboards. I saw a leather-bound journal. I opened a drawer with one hand, pushing the floorboards open more with my foot while checking to make sure tase was paying me no mind.. I grabbed the journal and shoved it in my waist band and shut the floorboard back up as I closed the drawer.. then we decided it was time to go back to the castle as we found.. well... nothing of importance. Atleast not to his knowledge.
I hurried back to my room in the castle and quickly hid the journal behind a loose brick i accidentally found while trying to see if this room had any secret passage ways like in the movies. Then I quickly started a shower in the walk in bath to get ready. I heard a loud thud outside the bathroom door. I rinsed off and got out, wrapping a towel around my waist.
When I secured the towel around my waist I quickly made my way out the bathroom door and into my room where I was met with gaurds turning my room inside out.
"Whats the meaning of this?" I was being ignored as gaurds kept flipping my belongings upside down, pulling out my drawers and throwing clothes everywhere. In a fit of rage I felt electricity course through my veins. I moved within a blink of an eye and had one of the gaurds pushed up against the wall, hovering above the floor with my hand holding him up by his neck. "I am your prince, I demand to know what the meaning of this is." I got no answer so I pressed on his trachea with enough force to cause him to grasp at me desperately trying to breath. I leaned in closer to his ear "you heard what happen to the last vampire who enraged me, yes?" He noded and I let up off his throat a bit "then I think you'd find it in your best interest to tell me what the hell is going on." I waited a few moments then pressed back down on his throat "now!"
"Okay okay!" I put him back down "we were told to search your room after finding out-"
"After finding out you found your parents secret meeting place." He was interrupted by my grandfather Lance along with tase walking in behind him. He wouldnt even look me in the eyes.
"Tase? You told them?" He ignored me
"I'm glad to see you're acting like a true vampire arkin. It is afterall in your blood." Lance said while dust testing a dresser with his finger then looking at it in disgust.
"I demand to be told what's going on."
"You see.. the journals your mother kept... just.. stopped. They were never finished. There was word of a secret meeting place in some of the journals but there was never any entries there about whatever actually happened when they were meeting there. It's almost as if it never existed. Tase here tells me you guys never found anything of importance. Only a few pictures and a desk full of obsolete papers and reading books. We just have to be sure you didn't happen to come across any little details.. or dare I say.. another journal. " He knocked over the dresser making sure to check the backboard of it to make sure I wasn't hiding it between the frame. He nodded his head toward the bathroom in a suggested way to the guards. The gaurds immediately taking action to search my belongings in the bathroom came out to find nothing.
"I have nothing other than the picture from the frame I took when tase wasn't looking." I pulled it out of my pocket "are you really going to take away the only picture I have of my parents before you made my mother kill my father which ended with her killing herself?"