ch. 13

TASES POV
We turned a corner and followed to where the scream was coming from. I rushed over to the lady who was scared for her life. It wasn't uncommon for the male vampires to treat the women like rag dolls. In fact the older the vampire the worse it was. They came from a time when women were silent unless spoken to and catered to every beckon call of their husbands.
I looked over at the man who was bleeding as he fumed with rage. Yelling at the woman about how she cut him and he was clearly drunk. Then my eyes focused behind him as guards had made way to the door. I saw Arkin standing in the middle of them. His white hair was frolicking around his face with electricity and his eyes were glowing red again. Black veins had sprawled about on his face, coming from around his eyes and up his neck, and his nails had grown into talons. As soon as I realized what was happening I yelled to the guards.
"Hold him down!" We were too late. He slipped past the guards and in seconds his fangs sunk into the man before us. 
We were unsuccessful at pulling him off there was nothing we could've done. He had his nails digging into his prey to keep him from escaping, not that it was possible at this point. Not long after,his hair started settling back down around his face. The man had turned to dust and arkins eyes were no longer glowing but the look of realization spread acrossed his face and he ran.
The guards and I took after him but with extra vampire blood in his system he was too fast. I went straight to arkins grandfather Lance. I explained everything that had happend and awaited instructions.
"Just like his mother." He eyebrows fused together in thought. "We need to find him before the coronation tonight. Have a search party through the castle. Leave no room unturned. Then when night breaks get a search party and hounds. If he has the same powers as his mother then he's a day walker which will make things more difficult."
"Sir!" I nodded and took to the tactic room where I called for all the gaurds and set up a search party in the castle. I assigned 20 guards to each part of the castle and told anyone with information on the whereabouts of the prince was to directly report to me immediately. I dismissed them and I waited there for guard reports. One set of guards after another and nothing. It was starting to get dark. I orderd 20 guards to each side of the woods. I took 20 with me to search the grounds that lead right out from the library door. I had the hounds in hand as we went through the woods.
We got to the end of our grounds on this side when I found some ripped fabric on a tree branch. I held it up to the hounds and they howled then started sniffing the ground. One after another they howled again signaling that they were catching a sent. It was off of the property line though. I was always told not to go over the property line as to why... well that was never explained. I was given orders and always listened.
"Gaurds you guys go back and report to lance... I'm going over property line."
"But sir-"
"I know, but the hounds caught his scent and it goes over the property line. I'm not dragging anyone else down with me. I will take full responsibility of my actions when I return. Now go back! That's an order!"
"Sir!" They all turned back with haste.
I hesitated as I made my way over the property line being led by the hounds. It felt like I was searching forever which for a vampire is saying something. I began growing impatient, wondering if the fabric I found was even arkins. I just let the dogs lead me further and further into the woods away from the castles grounds. I came upon a clearing in the woods that lead to a cliff. The hounds came to a halt, whining with aggravation.  We were going to have to jump to get to the other side. I was only able to take one of them with me so I sent the other 2 back.
I held the hound in my arms as i walked backwards to the woods and ran across the clearing, jumping with ease and landing on the cliff to the other side. I put the hound back down as it sniffed, howling once more I followed. We continued for maybe 30 minutes when I found an old, ran down log shed. The hound sat right infront of the doors, then laid down to let me know the scent the fabric belonged to was inside.