3. And it begins

*Harry's p.o.v*

Hard times will always reveal true friends 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dia said we would call the police tomorrow if Nia didn't show up. Niall was already freaking out and it was almost midnight, so I didn't know how much longer he would last without snapping and calling the police himself. 

My girlfriend Harriet was quietly sobbing into my chest, saying over and over again that she wanted Nia and that she missed her best friend.

"When is she coming back" Harriet asked me barely above a whisper 

"I don't know kitty, but we'll find her soon" I said stroking her head

" I can't wait that long" she said bursting into tears, I rubbed her back and kissed her forehead, there was little I could do in this situation.

Suddenly Niall burst through the front door and ran upstairs with a loud bang. After him came in Dia, tears were streaking down her face and it made me wonder what happened in between them.

Harriet and I stood up, "what's wrong, what happened?" I asked her. 

After she calmed down she spoke, "well Niall, as you can imagine is really really upset about this whole thing. So I'm calling the police today"

"Okay" I said 

"What if Nia dies" Harriet shrieked 

"She's not going to die, she's probably out somewhere or something" Dia said barely smiling 

"... But but" Harriet began 

"Shhh we'll find her" I said sitting back on the couch and holding Harriet close to me once again.

"I'll be right back" Dia said running upstairs

.....................................................................................................

Harriet, Niall, Liam, Dana, Cole and I stood out side the scene. There were police men scanning everything in the park and all the children had to be removed from the public park for them to investigate.

We had been questioned millions of times and minutes turned into hours.... Still no sign of our best friend Nia. 

"We're does she go at night?" I heard one of the investigators ask Niall. "Well she only goes out, with her friends Dia and Harriet at night and they usually just go to the store and they're right here" Niall said pointing to the girls.

I felt Harriet shiver next to me, she has goosebumps lined on her arms. I took off my jacket and wrapped her in it, "better?"
"Better" she said standing on her toes and kissing my cheek

~~~~~~~~~~
*at home*

"Where do you think she went?" Dia asked Niall
"I already told you! I.. Don't.. Know" Niall said obviously frustrated, Dia pursed her lips deep in thought. "I just can't make sense of this whole situation"
"Cole do you have any ideas?" I asked Cole, who was sitting on the floor, head in his hands. He looked up scratching the back of his head, "I'm just as lost as you guys are" he replied

Harriet sighed "I want today to be over" she said
"Same" said Dia
"Maybe Nia will come back tomorrow, we just have to sleep" I said standing up
"I'll try, but it's hard for me to sleep without knowing she's here with me" Niall said sighing and slowly walking up the steps.

I watched him walk up the steps slowly and looked back to see Dia slowly standing up and Dana yawning. Then Harriet and I went to our bedroom and slept.