Chapter Seventeen - Reassurance and Promises

After the Succubus incident was resolved, the following week had been quite hectic. The moment I updated daily feed with what I've done, they were fascinated with my story.

With the papers sent out the following noon, the streets started bustling again.

"You really are the Ashenvar's son, thank you for what you've done."

Yes, it was here that I first made my own impact in Krydon.

.....

"Man, no matter how many times I read it. I still can't believe it."

Lying against the couch with the very first paper they handed out, I was still in complete bliss.

Succubus Silenced by Rookie Alchemist

"Kiroo, stop slouching around!"

With that a certain Serabrae flies onto my lap as I shout in agony.

"Oof! Don't go breaking my legs now..."

"Aren't you going to open up the store!?~"

"For today, I think I'll need to restock first. A few people who walked in didn't leave with what they wanted and that's not something I want to happen often."

"Ummm... So shouldn't you have done something about that, before opening?"

...

Clearly a novice mistake.

"A-ahaha..."

A dry laughter escapes as I pick Reiguma off of me.

"Uwaa, a-a bridal carry..?~"

Reiguma was blushing ear to ear as I had my arms across her back and at the back of her knees.

"Hmm.. I wonder if I should grill you now, or marinate you in flavours overnight."

"H-hey! Don't say that, you can't eat me! I wouldn't taste good you know!"

I place her on the couch.

"Oo, are you putting me to sleep?"

"Yes sleep here for the entire day. That way I can get some actual work done."

"Hey! That's mean!~ I-It's true I love naps, but I love helping you more."

"Then stay here, I need to check up on Lily."

"Muu... Why is she even still alive."

"Hey, you told me to help Jang Mi awhile back. So isn't it natural to help those in need? Besides it's from that, that I believe everyone can be of help if you treat them properly."

"Y-Yes, but she's a demon! She's a Succubus, she'll do all sorts of things. All this and that! She'll kill you and I'm worried!!"

"If you're worried, go bring Jang Mi her breakfast."

"W-what, why do I have to.."

She clicks her tongue.

"I wish we would of just left her."

"Hey, I can hear your thoughts. I don't say you have to get along, but some day you have to rely on each other. In the field we don't know what's going to happen, some of the requests I take may be dangerous."

It's not like we have to rush it, we can take our time. However, some things may call for it and we need to be ready.

"Do you really dislike Jang Mi that much, Reiguma?"

"Mweh?"

"Don't mweh me."

"Well, n-not really... I-It's just that... I just feel that you'll come to like them, more than me.."