Chapter Twenty Seven - The Overseer of Devotion

Once morning came, Jang Mi prepared breakfast for us as I briefly discussed with them that I'll be closing early. Not many customers were arriving, only a few and from what I expected yesterday, a few of the clients paid me a visit for their requested equipment and left with happy smiles.

"And that's how it is. After the ordeal that occurred yesterday, I believe it's better off taking a break once noon arrives."  

"Well it's your call, I'll follow along."

Jang Mi stood by the back as she accepted without argue, however Aliza appeared to be troubled.

"Closing up early will effect your reputation, I assume you already know this, correct?"

"It's true, however there's something I-... No, we must do."

I look at Reiguma as she keenly nods.

"Well it's not like it's my business or anything. Everyone needs a little RnR once in awhile."

She crosses her arms and heaves a heavy sigh, despite not being forced to work everyday it seems she's rather displeased with my decision.

"So what would you like for us to do in the meantime?"

She looks to me as though I'm the one in charge of her free time.

"You can either stay here or simply walk the streets. Anything you want."

"Anything I want, hmm?"

Getting a rather bad vibe, I begin regretting my decision.

"A-Ah no, not anything, keep it civilized you know?"

"Now that's no fun. First you say I can do anything I want and now you say I can't? What's with that."

Perhaps I became too familiar with the form that Aliza normally assumes, the form that she says is her real self. If Aliza makes too much of a ruckus with her acts of mischief, who knows who is going to bite the end of the sword.

"If I can't do that then I'll head to that Wil's tavern for now, want to come with, Jang Mi?"

Openly inviting Jang Mi she shows sign on accepting, however she soon refuses with the shake of her head.

"I have to decline that offer as inviting as it sounds. There's something I've been thinking of doing too and now I have the perfect opportunity for it."

"Well, that's a shame. Just when I thought we could become closer if we shared a drink or two."

A small pouch dances around her finger as I soon realise what's inside.

"Hey... Isn't that-"
"I assume a small share won't hurt right, Kiro?"

"S-Sure... Depending on what your definition on small share means..."

"Just enough for a drink or two. It's not everyday I get the perfect opportunity to drink without worry, if only I had a partner to share it with..."

She looks around at all of us before diverting her attention towards the back.

"If she so much as step foot on the streets, I'll immediately have my license revoked and kicked out of the city."

"That does sounds amusing."

Looking as though she's thinking of it, I begin feeling a little anxious. It's quite a wonder I have two potential hazardous beings living in such close proximity.

"But that would be nothing but a fleeting joy; an experience that'd only last a few moments before realising I've no home to return to."

"Y-Yeah... So let's not do that. With how you look, I'm sure you'd be able to make a few drinking buddies there. Though perhaps not the wisest of choices."