Chapter Twenty Two - Preparations and Family

It's not everyday you plan a trip into a volcano, some people live out their lives without ever thinking of such a dangerous adventure. I'd want to leave first thing tomorrow morning, however in my current condition, I can't afford to lead an expedition. My body still needs time to recover, and whilst it's doing so I should figure out a plan.

After Jang Mi left, I still sat against the bench in deep thought.

"What kind of an Alchemist am I, if I have other people worry for me anyways?"

Examining the notebook Jang Mi 'borrowed', it seems to have belonged to a priestess in charge of the Serabrae worshipers, a small cult. I won't be surprised if there's none of them left. However, for our sake, I hope there's one alive and willing to help us out.

I can't let Reiguma's nature take control of her. There must be some way for her to not look so hungry for fresh meat.

The last entry was in fact a few years ago, could there be another Successor who still carries on what they were taught? All the information that's in here, is the description of their duty, schedule and their personal thoughts.

In some pages, they mention a name, Asakuren. Is that someone close to the Priestess, or is it one of the Serabrae's they worship? 

I close the book with a snap and return inside in hopes to wash off. However, it seems like Reiguma has taken hold of the bathroom. Which is strange, because she always bothered me about taking one together. But I'm not complaining... I can't always wash her back for her and vice versa.

"She's been in there for awhile now. I didn't even get a chance to look after her as you asked."

Aliza leans onto the wall and rests her head against her palms.

"Reiguma dislikes washing up though, she usually burns away the bacteria instead of resulting to showers."

"Even if she does do that, wouldn't she still need to care for her hair, ears and tail?"

Aliza speaks the truth, I did purchase a comb for her awhile back instead of her running her hands through her tail all the time.

"Well, it's too late to return to my house so I'll stay here for the night if you don't mind accommodating another."

"That's fine... There aren't any spare rooms left however, though you can ask Jang Mi if she's willing to share her bed. She sleeps in the master bedroom after all."

"Well that's strange."

Hopping off the wall, she folds her arms in question.

"I'd like to take this opportunity to understand the relationship you have with these two, well three including that Succubus you seem to be keeping away. I don't think I've met any Alchemist, no, any person with such a strange party."

As much as I'd like to retort, what she say's the truth. We're all so vast from each other, however we're gathered together like this.

"Well, I don't really want to speak of Jang Mi, personal reasons, you can understand that, right?"

"Hmm.. Fair enough, how about the others?"

"Being an Alchemist means you summon a creature formed by the gathering of mana. In this case, I summoned Reiguma and forged a pact with her. An intimate one if I might add, that's the reason why she's so clingy."

"So that's what the commotion was all about, if she was a natural I wouldn't think she'd be under your care. They have a lot of pride after all, it'd take a great person to make them so obedient."