Chapter Two - The Elegant Elf

Extending her hand without word she bore a sweet smile. With our hands meeting half way, she leans in to pull me back up. The crowd was still around us, they were quiet, but the feeling in the air was tense.

I stand there in a daze, as I wonder what my next move should be, my heart starts to race as she has yet to speak a single word. It made me wonder whether or not she could speak in the first place.

A cold wind passes through the window and with it she forms a small grin as she suddenly tugs me out the window, following behind her.

"H-hey wait!"

In sheer panic, I was struggling to keep up with her as I couldn't find a chance to break away.

"W-Who are you, where are you taking me!?"

Her hand's soft and a sweet scent flows with the coming wind.

Just as we almost collide against the brick wall that surrounds the academy, she mumbles a chant that I've never heard, from then a small breeze emits from the floor beneath us. It was enough to push us up and over the wall, a small giggle can be heard as I was simply amazed at how agile she was. The wind didn't simply help us climb the wall, but get our rhythm back too.

...

Inside a forest with a strange Elf, she finally lets me go as I split away from her.

I gaze at the surroundings amazed at the sight before me. Sunlight squeezes through the tree tops, creating a small ray over a mass of water. The pond seemed uncontaminated which gave it that azure blue glow. Being in the middle of a forest such as this one, I feel somewhat at peace. No mechanical objects or human constructs at all. No contamination, just nature at its finest. The shadows of the trees creates the perfect spot for nightshade flowers to bloom as I see a patch beneath her. This place is both serene and beautiful, as I stand in awe. My eyes soon fall back on her as stares at me with her jade green eyes.

My fear of her is slowly dispersing however it still remains nonetheless.

"Taken in the sights yet?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Try drinking the ponds water, go on have a sip.~"

Even if I wasn't ordered to, I would of done just that. Fresh clean water is right beneath my eyes, usually masses of water this large is usually filled with filth. But I can't see anything of that sort, just a solid clear blue. I crouch to my knees as I dip my hand in and have a taste.

Clean and refreshing. Water at home isn't near as good as this.

"Feeling better I assume?"

"Yeah, better than better. In fact this water is great."

I stand back up after a few more takes and look at her.

"So, what is it that you wanted from me exactly?"

"Do you remember this place, Kiro..?"

"Do I remember..?"

Have I been here before exactly? I never remembered leaving Krydon before. This is all new to me, If I have been here before I would remember. I rack my brain constantly, but the answers the same. I don't remember anything. Thinking further in only causes me to lose my temper.

"You're saying I've been here before..?"

I ask with hope that she had an answer, however with the look of sorrow, her smile disappears. This seems like a special place, like you could say it's free from danger. I just hope I didn't offend her too much. There are a lot of people who dislike Elves just because they're different. But just how different are they compared to us humans? They are one with nature while we just destroy forests to manifest a human population within it, as well as polluting the atmosphere on top of that.

I have my own reasons though... I can't ever forget that.

"Kiro..?"

"A-Ah, It's nothing... Sorry if I offended you or anything."

"No, don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure you will remember soon, it was a long time ago after all. When you do, I'll be waiting."

With a small wave, she disappears into the thickets. I clench my fist, grit my teeth as I could only think back to my parents.

I shake my head and leave the forest, backtracking towards the academy and walking around it. I walk through the streets of the city as it's practically filled with life and chatter.

The city thrives off alchemists, without them there wouldn't even be a city. They're the back bone of the economy. If you're born here, it's most likely you're going to take up after your parents.

Krydon, that's the name of our city. The City of Alchemists. We control a large border around our walls and have small villages and towns under the lords watch. We need it for mining, searching and gathering materials required for crafting.

Another city to note is Illumium which is occupied with traders. The city of travelling merchants, where they stock up their goods and other recommended needs.

There's also a sacred forest that the elves occupy in which they have their own laws and such. We don't try to interact with them as they control the nearby forests and are rarely seen outside of it.

There's a mysterious village upon the mountains named Kiridora. Not much is known about the village as that they let none pass their borders.

I continue to stroll through the streets, filled with children playing tag with each other. Such a scene, reminded me of the time my sister were here. Yuu.

...

With the sun setting, I set my course for home. It's a bit outside the crowded streets and buildings, my home overlooks the entire city after all. The view's serene, the gleaming sun hangs high above the horizon as it paints the whole city a vivid orange.

It's nice and quiet most of the time here, it's why I love it so dearly. The wind starts to rustle the trees around as I take time to think about what the Elf said to me.

However no matter how many times I think back, nothing comes to mind. I'm starting to wonder whether or not she has the wrong person.

Entering my home, the floorboards creek with every moment. Ever since I was left alone, I haven't exactly looked after the house as much as I should be.

My family, they were found lifeless outside the forest the Elves reside in. Their wounds were opened, and sharp, as if an animal clawed right through them. I don't know anything else other than that. Since then I always had the fear for Elves.

There's a thought at the back of my mind that tells me that they're not responsible, however, when you place the blame on someone, It takes a portion of the burden away.

However the blame for my sister's death, was all due to me. She wanted to stay home, however I insisted that she follow them outside. After all, they haven't spent a great deal of time due to their work.

I know it all falls under me to carry on what my parents have left behind, however with each coming day my goals start to waver, I know I can't do this on my own.