Chapter Six - A Lone Depature

Minutes pass by, perhaps even hours as my head's hung over Servalewi's shoulder. In silence, time goes on as winged creatures fly above our heads. The waves crash against the cliff as the melody of leaves rustling with the going winds.

It feels like forever, yet I know we can't stay like this any longer.

I release my hold as I rub my eyes earnestly, I could feel my face burning up as I emit a small smile.

"Thanks Servalewi..." 

I show my appreciation and avert my attention. She reveals a bright smile and stands back up.

"It's no problem at all, Kiro."

I haven't felt this content in a long time. It may take awhile getting used to, but I can't hate this feeling. I can trust her word, however the mystery behind their deaths still cling to me.

Who or what behind their deaths still escapes me, however someday I'll find the truth of it all.

"Sorry you had to see me like that, I didn't know what to feel and let my emotions get the better of me."

"I don't blame you, I too share the same experience." 

She nods as she eyes seem distant.

"..."

"However, I already shed enough tears and I don't want them to have worries for me." 

She reveals a gleaming smile.

I soon realized the paper bag sitting up against the ground as I pick it up.

"Umm,  h-here." 

I offer her the bag of soft -n'- rounds as she looks at me with questioning eyes.

"I-it's bad manners, for me to eat all these by myself. It's only right... That you have some as well."

She gives me a grin and accepts the paper bag, with an expression that says. 'I can see right through you.'

But it's not like I have any ulterior motive, but perhaps it's just to show my appreciation towards her. It's really just a small price to pay.

She takes one out of the paper bag and inspects it.

"Although it's no longer warm, eating one cold is still very nice."

She gives it a little whiff as her eyes light up, it just as expected. There's also this aroma from these little treats that plead for you to devour them.

She takes a small bite to immerse herself with the flavour at first, but she doesn't stop there as she takes a few more.

"It's good isn't it?" 

I smile as I observe her happily enjoying it.

"It's delicious." 

She comments with a bright smile as she indulges herself. She hands me back the bag, but I deny her generous offer.

"It's okay, you can have the rest. It's a nice change of pace, to have a friendly conversation with someone, and enjoying food whilst doing that." 

"But.. don't you get along with Reiguma?" 

She bats me a questioning look.

"That's... different. I can't seem to relax whenever I'm with her, she keeps me on my toes and I feel as though if I take my eyes off of her for one second. Something terrible might occur. That's just the way I feel when she's around."

...

"Ahh sorry, forget about what I just said."

"It's nothing to be all flustered about."