Chapter Thirteen - The Kiridorian Blade Dancer

"Does it look nice on me, Kiro?" She asks with a bright smile.

I had to specifically tell her which finger the ring should go on.

"Y-yeah, it looks great."

Though I couldn't say it directly to her as I avert my eyes.

She happily clasp her hands together as though it were a sacred object. Which makes me  uneasy, not because of how excited she seems. It's because of a feeling that was dwelling from the bottom of my heart. It was painful, but at the same time It was reassuring. If there were any other times to tell her, now would be perfect.

"R-reiguma.." I call out to her.

"Oo yes?~" She says as her eyes sparkle.

I swallow my worry and speak my mind. However, foot steps from behind prompt me not to do so.

"Kiro..?"

No words followed after I called her name as she was left confused.

"Shh.."

Not knowing what was causing the footsteps made me anxious. It wasn't very fast, but it was definitely getting closer. Reiguma tilts her head as spot her eyes focusing on something behind me as I finally turn around.

It was a girl, with the look of someone my age. Her dress was rugged, however the design of it was quite elegant. With the smooth fabric that resembles Reiguma's dress, some floral patterns could be seen. With her long auburn shaded hair dancing with the winds, she wields a sword in hand. One like I've never seen in person. It was a sword forged from Kiridora, which means she could be hostile.

I back up towards Reiguma as we were on the alert. However the girl was panting, regularly stopping between steps to catch her breath. She hasn't even noticed us yet as she was walking as she was focusing on where her next step would be.

"Kiro... She looks really tired."

"Yeah, Kiridora's quite far from here after all. I don't know why she's here but we shouldn't ask, nor should we even talk to her."

"B-but you can't just leave her like that!"

Reiguma was surprisingly caring towards the stranger, as could be expected given her personality. Like a child who doesn't know of danger and charges straight forward.

"I-I know but..."

...I know it's not nice to leave anyone in the state alone, let alone a girl. Yet, she's not from here. Her dress and sword is proof of that.

"Kiro, go help her!"

I sigh as I finally give in.

"Fine, but watch my back okay? If it looks like she's about to attack me, go on the offensive."

"Rogerr!~"

However I wonder how much of a help Reiguma would be in this kind of situation.

I steadily approach her as she finally raises her head, which caught me by surprised. Not because of just that, but by how beautiful she was. Her eyes were blank, astray but they suddenly focus on me, widening.

"Do you need help, you're kind of in a bad shape."

I extend my hand to help her, but she takes her of her sword and forms a stance.

With the look of fierce in her eyes she asks

"Who are you?"

"Kiro! D-do I do something now!?!~" 

Reiguma calls out from behind, but I gesture of her to stand down. After all, as intimidating it is for someone standing before you wielding a sword. I may be able to talk to her.