Chapter Fifteen - A Step Forth into Rasheingal

Proceeding into the streets once more, now that I know a Succubus is behind all of this. My heart races even faster, if it's the kind that targets adolescents then I may be in danger.

However, all they're after really are our life source to live, I've heard of people surviving their attacks but that's very rare. Even the ones who survive die shortly after as their body stops working completely. Their vital organs shut down, but mostly their heart stops beating.

If I can find information in the archives about them, It may help me find a way to resolve this issue. It's a perfect jump start in my career if I pull it off. However Wil left me with no information besides him believing the mans word that there is a way.

.....

Upon reaching the local archives where millennium of information is held. The building's quite large also due to the mass of knowledge stored here, it's a refreshing feeling. Gaining access is quite easy once you state your business to the front gates. Since it's an official building, it's highly guarded and it seems they're on alert also for the Succubus.

I told the others that they didn't have to accompany me as I was just going to hit the books. But Reiguma wouldn't leave my side and Jang Mi said her job was to protect me.

"I didn't think there'd be a building which purpose was to hold knowledge." Jang Mi says as she takes in the entire view.

From top to bottom, shelves were filled with books.

"It's quite overkill, but it's almost guaranteed that you'll find what you're looking for within these walls if you're the avid researcher."

....

After a few hours of researching, it seems like people had the same idea, as some books were missing.

Not only that but the information I was able to gather was already well known to me. There were ways to stop Succubi from stealing your energy and fighting tactics. But that was about it, none were about capturing them or mesmerizing them to do your bidding.

I place the current book down against the table as I rest my head upon it with a tired sigh.

"This is getting nowhere..."

Jang Mi was also reading some of the books I've placed upon the table as well.

Reiguma yawns as she was reading some of the children leisure books on the table. Quite adorable in a way as she sprawls across the table.

"Perhaps the books that went missing held key information that you were trying to find." Jang Mi suggested.

"I'd figured as much."

.....

Accompanied by a very familiar atmosphere in the air, I automatically look up as I spot an Elf approaching us.

"It seems that something's troubling the city this morning." She says.

"It's been awhile, Servalewi."

"Ahh, Lewi!~"

"Lewi..?"

The Reiguma which was too tired to read anymore books suddenly shoots up and races to hug Servalewi.

"Ehh.. Since when were you two so close..?"

After embracing Reiguma who was rubbing her face in her chest, she pats her head as she replies.

"I believe it was on the day of your exam."

...That's right, Reiguma did mention that she met up with Servalewi.