Chapter Twenty Eight - Our Promise

After paying our respects to the church, we begin our journey home. With what I told both the angel and Regiuma, I begin feeling a little embarrassed. However, from that experience I've learned a valuable thing.

"Ehehee..~"

Reiguma clung to me like a slime ball and refused to remove herself.

"If you keep clinging onto me like that we're going to take forever to get back home."

"Aww, don't be like that.~ I haven't seen you be that honest in a long time so at least let me indulge myerself!~"

"Give me a break..."

...

Upon reaching our home, I immediately slump against the couch it was already pass sunset. That means I'd have to visit the church tomorrow so I can report my findings to the Priestess.

"See, like I tell you, if you would've just walked on your own we could've made it back in time."

"Ehhh? It's not my fault!"

She takes a seat on the corner end and stretches her arms up high with a gasp of relief.

"Ahh, my body, it's all jelly now... Today was really fun, Kiro.~"

"Yeah, it was quite the day. I'm glad you enjoyed yourself."

Sitting up, I move towards her and reel her in to my chest.

"Perhaps-"
"It seems I've come at a bad time."

Thinking Aliza was still drinking and Jang Mi off in search of cats, a familiar voice calls to us. I immediately distance myself from Reiguma as I hop off the couch and face them.

"W-W-What..."

Not believing my eyes, I rub them a few times as I shake my head, however their presence remains.

"Ah, it's the Angel!"

Reiguma follows suite as she seems less surprised than I. Or better yet it's due to her being indifferent around her as I do think highly of her, religious or not.

"If you wish to continue then I'll remove myself."

"N-nono, I-I..."

Tongue tied I feel like I've been caught red handed in the middle of a bad act. Not like I was planning on doing anything shameless or anything...

"Kiro, you're sweating buckets, are you okay?"

"I'm fine... No, the better question would be!"

I point towards the Angel as I believed we wouldn't come in contact anymore.

"Why are you in my house?"

"Why else? To watch over you, I assume that won't be an issue."

"A-An issue..."

Trying to find reason in her request, I start running a few numbers in mind, however with her sudden appearance, my entire being is a wreck.

"Do you not trust, Kiro?~ He said he'd take responsibility! Better yet, I think he was about to be responsible for my shouts...~"

"LILLY'S A BAD INFLUENCE ON YOU!"

"Ahem."

The Angel makes a statement that she's still here as we got a little off topic thanks to Reiguma's outrageous remark.

"Sorry... Back to the subject at hand, you're detecting doubt in me?"

"No, that's far from it. In the short time we've been apart I can see your has grown stronger. However, my mission isn't complete until the both of you have successfully formed an unbreakable bond. In your terms, marriage."