Chapter Twenty Three - Progress and Instability

Perhaps sleeping in the same bed as Reiguma in her current state, wasn't such a great idea. I woke up in her usual grasp, usually, it'd be comfortable, however with her claws out, I had scratches all over.

"Uuu... I'm so sorry, Kiro.."

"Well, you couldn't help it, so don't worry."

"But!-"

"No buts about it."

Whilst Jang Mi's preparing breakfast, Aliza, Reiguma and I wait by the table.

"So, what's the plan for today?

Aliza's taken it upon herself to pour herself a cup of the expensive coffee I've hidden away. I'm not so much of a coffee addict, so I suppose it's a good thing it's being put to use as she seems to enjoy it as much as my Mother.

"Well, I was up researching last night, however I haven't been able to look through it all. I plan on revising over it today, however the store needs to be tended to as well..."

"Oh you run a shop? I could look after it if you'd like."

"Wait r-really? That'd be great, but... What's in it for you, gold upfront would be-"

"I'm not so concerned about tangible compensation, I'll be willing to work for free."

Finishing her coffee, she traces her finger tips around the brim of the cup.

"The lot of you interest me, so If you'll be willing to house another, I'll be sure to tend the store if required."

This place is starting to become an inn.

"About that..."

I look towards Reiguma.

"Would you be okay with that, Reiguma..?"

She averts her gaze with a hmph.

"I know you only want her because she's a girl, Kiro. I don't like it but... If you need her then she can stay."

"Aha...Thanks, Reiguma."

"I see now who pulls the strings in this house."

I turn back to Aliza as she seems to be sneering.

"Don't give me that, there's only one spare empty room left, however in it's current state, I cannot let you sleep in there. So for now, you'll be sharing Jang Mi's room, is that fine by you, Aliza?"

"Well it's fine by me, however I'm so sure if your friend thinks the same way."

She may be right about that, however it's only temporarily. Once this issue's over, I'd be able to clean up that room for Aliza to reside until she decides to leave. Though if this keeps up, I may have to expand if Lilly starts acting like an ordinary girl. If ever.

"It'll only be for a few more days, until then, just try to get along with her. I'll give you the run down of the store after breakfast."

"Will do."

....

After we finished Jang Mi's delicious breakfast consisting of eggs, butter/jam toast and a side helping of vegetables, I teach Aliza on exactly how I want her to maintain the store. In just under two hours, I was amazed at how fast she learns everything down to the very last detail.

However it seems that she can't seem to rid herself of her laid back attitude, which is okay, but it can be a catalyst for all sorts of problems. Though, it is her first day and she is doing this to simply amuse herself.

Maybe I was right that Aliza just wanted a place to stay after travelling for so long.

"Just don't shift forms or accept any requests without my go ahead, okay?"