Chapter Eleven - Audience with the Lord

W-what do you mean!?"

Backing away even more, I eventually fall off the bed with a thud.

"Ehee, you were such a brute.~ I didn't know you could be like thatt.~"

I rack my head around trying to figure out what really occurred last night, but I could only remember the kiss we shared by the door. Everything from then on was shrouded like a murky well, clearly there was something down there but beyond what we can see.

"Don't you know how to restrain yourself? Or perhaps... You felt too relaxed by the end of it? Ehehe.~ I was quite tired really.~"

I wanted to stop myself into thinking in that direction, but with all the pieces put out there. It was very hard not to.

...

As it turns out, it appears we had some form of pillow fight as I deduct there was something in our dinner that effected my well being.

"Kiroo, why do you look so sad?~"

I heave a sigh as she exhales a long yawn; stretching her slender arms out high, my gaze falls to her chest. Quickly turning around, I flail my arms.

"Ah, at least put some clothes on first! Learn some human decency!"

"Hmm m-me? B-But I'm not human!"

"I-It's the same thing! Don't make me repeat myself, if someone else saw you like that. I wouldn't know what to think!" 

"Ooo, because only you would want to see me with no clothes on am I right? Oh Kiro, you're so protective! Don't worry, I promise not to be like this to anyone else!~"

"C-can you stop putting words in my mouth? And don't make a promise on something like that!~ I-I don't want to see you like that anyways!"

"Fweh?~ You are lying, Kiro! You're lying! That's no good.~ What makes a great person is honesty! Come on, it's okay to express your honest feelings to me.~"

Almost about to pounce on me, I leap away and exit the room, closing the door behind me.

...

It has only been a few moments since I woken up and already I feel exhausted. Today I have a meeting with the Lord and I don't want to disappoint. That means Reiguma too must not embarrass me, which may prove difficult. I almost don't want to take her along, but she has to accompany me, after all she's my partner.

"Reiguma, get ready? We have to leave soon to see the Lord, remember?"

"O-oo, awwkay.~"

...

Normally, I'd wear whatever it is I find in my dresser if it's non Academy hours. But since this is the ceremony of being promoted from an apprentice to a real Alchemist; I have to dress for the occassion.

I pick up a framed picture of my family; how happy we were living out our lives in this very home; wishing nothing but the best for all of us. It was then I remember my Father saying something about a ceremonial dress for me; a special present waiting for me inside his dresser. He may have not revealed it, but he hinted that It's something related to becoming an Alchemist.

...

I duck back into my parents room to retrieve the gift and spot Reiguma by the windowsill. As she uses her arms as support, she leans against it staring off into the city, the colour of her bare skin was like porcelain as it had a slight glint to it. With a shade of cherries her skin glistening like water beneath sun glare. Her long flowing hair wavers slightly with the coming winds as she turns to face me.