Chapter Thirty - To Her Place of Origin

"Jang Mi..."

Blood pours out from her open wounds; however she's acting as though she doesn't feel them. Adrenaline may have an effect on our pain senses, but this is too much. Seeing her in such a state, I'm unsure if regular remedies would work, but it's better than doing nothing.

I begin applying some treatment against her wounds with the help of Reiguma as Aliza scours the caravan.

"These are definitely Kiridorian swords... but why are they all here?"

The swords each vary in length and design, but they all have the Kiridorian finish. As Aliza's about to pick one up, Jang Mi's body jolts as she shouts aloud.

"Don't touch them!"

Immediately after her cry, she violently coughs up large amounts of blood as she wraps her arms around her body and grits her teeth. The colour of her blood is strangely dark.

"Jang Mee... you're scaring me..."

Reiguma practically petrified at her state, her hands over in front of her, unsure of what she should be doing.

"...if they're all here... that means I have no place to go back to..."

If we managed to capture one of them alive, we could've had them explain to us where they found these. It's a mistake on our part, but how were we supposed to know they had Kiridorian blades in their cargo?

"...We wouldn't forgo our swords; it's a part of us... a part of who we are..."

Jang Mi's body suddenly falls as I managed to catch her before she collapses.

"Jang Mi!"

"..."

Her cold body sends a shiver down my back as my heartbeat accelerates, I check for a pulse, however there was none.

"Jang Mi!!!"

...

Weeks passed by slowly as we were in constant shock over Jang Mi. We were relieved to hear from Lilly that she may still be alive as her sword still has a beat, but her body got colder with each passing hour. We had someone visit to check up on her, but he said there was nothing he could do and gave us his condolences.

"Jang Mi..."

Sitting against the chair by the bed, I'm not so sure how long I've been watching over her. I've been neglecting food and more importantly, my work. Aliza may have mentioned that I should concentrate on my duties; however, I couldn't concentrate on anything else.

I lost my parents and sister already; I never thought I'd somehow lose another so quickly. This unforgettable pain, days where I spent on my lonesome in agony... I never thought I'd feel it again.

"...please, don't let this happen..."

Grasping her cold hand, Regiuma enters with a tray of food.

"Kiro... you should eat..."

"...I know, but... every time I do, I feel like throwing up..."

That's right... Jang Mi was always cooking for us... teaching both Reiguma and I.

"Kiro..."

Not knowing what sort of expression we're making, It feels like something's stuck in my stomach as another has its tight hold against my heart.

"I know it's not like how you make it... but, please eat, Kiro..."

The scent of fresh porridge soon envelops the room as I'm reminded of the day I met the Kiridorian blade dancer.