Chapter Twenty One - Reiguma's Natural Enemy

I don't know what happened after that, when I came to, my only memory was that we won the hard fought battle. I wake up with a gasp and peer out the window after calming down, it was the dead of night and the usual Reiguma that should be sleeping against me was nowhere to be seen. My upper body's bare as my wounds seemed to have been cared for, it was like I was never injured in the first place.

"That's strange..."

My memory's all jumbled up, however I believe I left Reiguma in a fright.

"Is she perhaps angry?"

A knock resides against the door as Reiguma steps in.

"Kiro, are you feeling any better?"

"Ah there you are, wait... W-What are you-"

She's not in her usual foreign clothing as she seems to be wearing a transparent shirt over black lingerie. But why would she be wearing that, and why isn't she sleeping?

I'm beginning to feel restless as she closes the gap, with each step she looked more captivating than the last. It's as if she's grown up.

W-What am I thinking!?

"Kiro?"

"Y-Yeah..?"

I look at her in distress as I begin moving back slowly towards the frame of the bed.

"Why are you acting so restless? Is it because of what I'm wearing, do you not like it?"

"I-I don't!! W-Where did you get them anyways, no on second thought don't answer that, I don't want to know!"

I avert my gaze and begin reciting lessons taught in the academy. However that thought only last a second as Reiguma leans onto the bed with a creak.

"Hmm...?~ Are you sure you're feeling well, I can tell you're still heated from the battle."

"That's just your imagination, I feel fine but c-could you bring me some water?"

"Water? ...Here you go."

A cup of water appears as she hands it to me with a smile.

"Drink up.~"

"T-Thank you... W-Wait where did it come from!?"

I jolt as the water soaks the bed sheets.

"You can't be doing that, Kiro. Water's precious so you should be more careful.~ Since I was taking care of you when you were off sleeping, I had water prepared for when you'll wake up."

"That's actually reasonable... Ahaha, sorry..."

"Ehehe, so long as you understand, you big dummy.~"

Sticking her tongue at me, she pours another cup but instead of passing it to me, she drinks from it before pushing herself up against me.

"H-Hey, what are you-"

With her golden eyes sharp as blades, my body begins to feel sluggish as I couldn't bat away from Reiguma. She continues to press against, as I felt a soft pressure against my chest, her mouth meets mine.

....

"R-Reiguma..."

"Ehehe, if you need more water, there's plenty more.~ But, that's probably not what you're thinking about now, is it?"

I understand that Reiguma's worried for me, however I didn't think her nursing would be like this. What's happened to the Reiguma that'd make a fuss over everything? She's acting as if she's someone else.