Backup Plans and Ballrooms

This chapter ended up being way too long, so I split it into two pieces. You'll probably get the next update later today or tomorrow, but for now, enjoy!

...

Taehyung wakes the next morning to a dark grey sky and the sound of thunder. Rubbing his eyes, he peeks out the window, gasping at the sight of the thick heavy raindrops falling onto the house and garden below. A thick muscular arm wraps around Taehyung's waist, pulling the blond back when he starts to crawl out of bed.

"Bub, it's still early, you should sleep," Jungkook groggily says, his warm hand rubbing circles around Taehyung's soft tan skin.

"I can't, Kookie, I have to make sure the rain doesn't damage the decorations," Taehyung quietly whines, not feeling Jungkook's arm budging.

"I'm sure the others are taking care of it..." he grumbles, but his words don't comfort Taehyung in any way. To try to distract his lover,  he leans down and kisses Jungkook, his lush lips waking the sleepy man, and Jungkook immediately kisses back, moving his hand up to the back of Taehyung's neck softly. Moments later, they part and Taehyung can see Jungkook's dark eyes ablaze with desire.

"I'll be back very soon," Taehyung whispers, pecking his lips with a smile before sliding out of the bed faster than Jungkook can react. The raven-haired man sighs and slides out of bed as well.

"If you're going to get drenched, the least I can do is help you," he says while the two quickly throw on pants and shirts and shoes. Taehyung pulls his raincoat on and Jungkook does the same, his eyes slightly sleepy as he follows Taehyung down the stairs to the back entryway that leads to the gardens.

When they walk outside, Aunt Pearl is already rushing around putting covers on the chairs and covering the floral arch with Jensen's help. The two smile when they see Taehyung and Jungkook hurry over and silently begin to help, the only sound being the rain pounding down on the hoods of their raincoats. Taehyung is amazed to see that most of the flowers aren't damaged. They don't seem to be affected by the water dropping on their vibrant petals or intricate leaves. Once they finish, the four gather in Pearl's greenhouse, a warm cup of tea pressed against freezing fingers.

"Thank you for your help, boys, that went much faster than I thought it would," Pearl softly says.

"Of course! I wouldn't want all your hard work to go to waste," Taehyung chimes.

Jensen quietly clears his throat, "I hate to be the doubtful one, but have you considered what you might do if it rains during the ceremony?" Jungkook and Taehyung share a look before shrugging lightly.

"We could always move it to the gazebo?" Jungkook suggests, "It might be cramped, but it could work."

"I'd agree with you, except it might be really cold..." Taehyung says, subconsciously intertwining his cold fingers with his lovers, "We could maybe do something in the manor?"

"The ballroom hasn't been touched for years," Jensen exclaims, "It might need some dusting, but we can use that,"

"What if we set it up just in case, Taehyungie? We can decorate it to match the same decor out in the gardens, so if it does start raining, we have a place for the ceremony and the reception?" Pearl suggests and both Taehyung and Jungkook smile.

"That sounds wonderful," Jungkook chimes.

"Can we help set it up at all?" Taehyung adds.

"Well, why don't we go check out how bad off it is, and then we can decide," Pearl says with a bright smile that reminds Jungkook so much of his lover's boxy grin. The four of them finish their tea before pulling coats and hoods back on to run into the rain. Taehyung takes off at a sprint, mud covering his boots as he laughs heartily at the rain. Jungkook smiles and follows him, catching onto his waist and lifting the boy off his feet, rainwater splashing their cheeks as they giggle and kiss softly. Jensen and Pearl watch from afar, walking calmly towards the manor as the two men play in the rain.