Chapter Thirty-Six: Objections

After a minute or two, the music cuts out and the rumbling of murmurs and whispers start to fill the ballroom. Taehyung exchanges a look of concern with Jungkook, yet before he can voice them, his mother steps away from her place at the end of the row of worried bridesmaids and confused groomsmen. Helen hurries back down the aisle, setting down her bouquet at the entrance before turning down the hall where Taehyung can only assume is the room Talia was getting ready in.

"What do you think happened...?" Jungkook quietly asks, yet Taehyung knows what happened. His words probably made her second guess everything.

"I hope she's okay...should I go to her...?" Taehyung replies, his deep voice barely heard over all the other conversations going on. Jungkook rests a hand on Taehyung's thigh, rubbing up and down it tenderly.

"Only if you want to, bub. It's your call," Jungkook says before Taehyung glances over at Ann Marie who also looks concerned.

"We should go...even if it is to keep Helen from killing her today..." Ann Marie states, standing up before Taehyung also startles to his feet. Ann Marie straightens her elegant form, lifting her chin with a confident smile on her lips.

"Don't worry, everyone. We are going to go see what is happening. Please, in the meantime just stay put, okay?" she calmly addresses the wedding guests, and most everyone settles down. Taehyung doesn't even dare to look back over his shoulder at Daniel as he races down the aisle after Ann Marie, the pace of her walk the only indicator that she is highly worried and something is definitely wrong. She leads Taehyung down one long hall and then another before they come across Talia's room where Helen furiously bangs on the door.

"Talia?! What the hell are you thinking?! Get out here right now!" she shouts and from the other side of the thick wood door, Taehyung can hear heels pacing back and forth, the hardwood floor not silencing any of the clicking sounds.

"Go away, Mother, please!" Talia screams, and Taehyung can hear the anxiety in her voice from the desperation of her tone to the crack at the end where it sounds like she is trying to stifle a sob. Helen sees Taehyung helplessly standing beside Ann Marie, and she quickly turns her anger onto him.

"You! This is your fault, you stupid ungrateful--"

"Helen that is enough," Ann Marie snaps, and Taehyung's mother quickly bites her tongue, her jaw clenched tight as anger burns through her. Taehyung just wants to get into that room and make sure everything is okay with Talia. He doesn't care if it is his fault that she won't walk down that aisle.

"I'm sorry, Mother...I'll...I'll try to talk to her. Make her come out, yeah...?" Taehyung softly says, his mind whirling with a plan to get himself in that room.

"Fine. Go right ahead," Helen spits, and Ann Marie leads her away from the room, giving Taehyung space to talk to his sister. Taehyung approaches the door and tries the handle, not surprised that it is locked.

"Talia...it's me...can I come in...?" Taehyung asks, and he hears the pacing stopped.

"I don't...I don't want to talk to you..." she mumbles, and Taehyung sighs quietly, leaning his forehead on the wood door.

"I know, but I'm worried about you. Please let me in...and if not me, I can get Juliet or something..." Taehyung suggests, and after several palpable seconds, he hears heels click on the ground again and Talia unlocks the door. Taehyung opens it and walks in, quickly shutting the door behind him and locking it again to give them privacy. He doesn't want his mother bursting in to suddenly drag Talia out. When he looks back at her, he's rendered speechless. Across the room by some large windows stands a tall mirror and in front of that stands Talia.