Chapter Thirty-Seven: Ann Marie

Drinks and supper go well into the night. All of Daniel's wedding guests went home when Daniel left in a fit of rage, yet many stayed to support Talia in her decision. Talia's bridesmaids stayed. As did Aunt Pearl, Jensen, Ann Marie, and a few family members. Of course, Taehyung and Jungkook stayed to show their support in Talia's objections. The only family member that obviously left is Helen. And Talia can't even feel disappointed by that fact. Maybe tomorrow. Maybe when all the drama and emotional turmoil settles, will she think about her mother's displeasure. But right now she couldn't care less.

What was supposed to be a wedding reception turns into a single's party, all of the remaining guests drinking and dancing and celebrating Talia's decision to say no. Talia happily dances along, now dressed in a dazzling dress of gold and glitter and not in her wedding gown. Several glasses of champagne ease her into brighter spirits, making it so she doesn't focus on her future and all the what-ifs circling her mind. The DJ, instead of playing love songs, plays song after song about independence, freedom, and breakups.

Which makes Taehyung and Jungkook's dancing seem ironically amusing as Jungkook holds Taehyung by the waist, swaying and dancing to each song with a soft smile on his lips. They're lost in their own little world, gazing at each other with such love and fondness and desire that it blurs out the rest of the world. Their bodies are pressed so close together, the friction and proximity igniting some of the desire that Taehyung tried to smother earlier in the day before all of this happened. Jungkook can see it in his hazel eyes, see it in the way he occasionally bites at his lips, and drops his gaze with a pastel flush on his cheek.

Jungkook leans down and whispers softly in Taehyung's ear, "I'm so proud of you, bub," which draws Taehyung's gaze as another song blares up in the background.

"But why...? I didn't do anything..." Taehyung mumbles, his breath warm against Jungkook's skin as the raven-haired boy smiles brightly.

"Of course you did. You put aside your differences to help Talia. You gave her strength and you protected her from Daniel," Jungkook explains, his hand creeping up from Taehyung's waist to gently stroke his cheek. Taehyung instantly leans into that touch, eyes fluttering slightly as Jungkook kisses him gently, "You are amazing," he adds, his lips brushing along Taehyung's lips before the blond deepens the kiss. He can't even thank Jungkook properly, unable to tell him just how much he means to him. Without Jungkook, Taehyung isn't sure he would've been able to do all this. To fly to England and stand up to his mother and sister and his family's homophobia. He wouldn't have been able to build enough confidence to go against Daniel and he definitely wouldn't have been able to look past his own insecurities enough to forgive Talia. Yes, she was a horrible sister who put him through hell, yet she deserves to be happy, and Taehyung's glad that it is without an abusive man like Daniel.

Jungkook gets lost in the kiss, feeling Taehyung's gratitude and overwhelming emotions with the eager way he presses up against him, wrapping his arms around Jungkook's neck the deeper this kiss becomes. Taehyung gasps softly when Jungkook nips at his lip; teeth and tongue playfully drawing out the kiss in a way that makes it hard for Taehyung to hide his desires.

"Jungkook..." Taehyung whimpers, the whine in his voice lost to the music blaring in the background, yet Jungkook heard it; the want and desire in Taehyung's gaze expressing all that he doesn't say. The raven-haired male smirks, his hands tightening on Taehyung's waist, leaning down to kiss his neck and ear softly.

"What is it you want, my love?" Jungkook seductively asks his words grazing over Taehyung's heated skin. The blond can't help but think back to last night, to the feel of Jungkook's hands on his skin and body pressed tightly against him, filling him, and he blushes brightly. Jungkook chuckles huskily, caressing small circles along Taehyung's hips and waist.