Chapter Twenty: Loved

"What about this?" Taehyung asks, holding up one of his shirts.

"Hmm...nope,"

"This?"

"No..."

"This?"

"Hm--"

"Jungkook, I don't have that much to wear!" Taehyung cries, throwing the button-up shirt on the bed with a huff. Jungkook laughs at Taehyung's temper tantrum before walking across the room and hugging him softly. Taehyung melts into his arms, the strong feeling of his embrace calming Taehyung's mental breakdown. He knows Talia's friends will be at this dinner and even more family members that will probably look at him in disdain. Jungkook's comfort and support really does make it all better.

"You do have enough...you're just avoiding your best items...why?" Jungkook quietly asks, his deep voice reverberating through his chest as he moves closer to Taehyung.

"I don't want to stand out,"

"Too late, honey, you already stand out without trying," Jungkook retorts, causing Taehyung's cheeks to flush. Jungkoook releases the blushing boy as he digs through Taehyung's luggage and pulls out a red silk button-up shirt. He holds it out to Taehyung, who obediently takes it, before handing the boy a pair of pants as well. They are dark, and Jungkook knows those will cling nicely to Taehyung's curvy waist and long legs.

"Are you sure...?" Taehyung asks softly, glancing down at the clothes in his hand as Jungkook smiles brightly.

"Absolutely. Now go get dressed, love, you don't have much time," Jungkook says before Taehyung sticks his tongue out at him.

"You don't have that long either!" he retorts, not liking Jungkook insinuating he takes a long time to get ready. Jungkook just laughs, watching Taehyung wander into the bathroom as he gets changed as well. Jungkook goes with a simple blue button-up shirt, the sleeves rolled to his elbows so that he can move his arms freely, and a simple pair of dark jeans. He doesn't worry so much about the formalities since he knows Taehyung's family is somewhat displeased with him anyways. No, instead, he's more concerned about Taehyung's approval. He doesn't want him to think he's too rough or crude. He never thought that he wasn't enough. He never worried that he might not be what Taehyung wanted until Aunt Pearl planted that little seed of doubt into his mind. 

All of that doubt withers away when Taehyung steps out of the bathroom; his blond hair is brushed to perfection, all sleepy waves and curls lost to impeccable strands of honey and silk. The red silk shirt adds an air of elegance to an already adorable boy, and the pants do indeed outline Taehyung's assets nicely. 

(Just cuz I can

(Just cuz I can...)

Taehyung's mouth is open as he gapes at Jungkook's appearance. The blue button-up fits him perfectly, clinging to muscles that flex and ripple with every movement. He's commanding and dominant; the image has Taehyung blushing softly in the bathroom doorway.