Chapter Ten: The Ex

*PLEASE READ:  Hey everyone! I changed a major part of the backstory as I was writing this chapter so I wanted you all to know what it is and so it isn't so out of context. Taehyung and his ex were engaged, but they weren't close to getting married. His family knew he was engaged to a guy, but they never met him because the two of them were at university, so it wasn't a big deal when that relationship ended. BASICALLY, none of the family knows Daniel is Taehyung's ex-fiance. Okay? Okay. Now onto the story!!

...

"Taehyung, are you listening? You should really consider what he said about the money. It does matter—"

"No," Taehyung snaps, remembering that this was the lecture they gave him when he first started dating: money is all that matters. He sees his ex look over at him, a smirk on his chiseled face and Taehyung can't stand it anymore. He wants out. He needs out of this room. Now, "No, I'm tired of listening to you about this. Kindness, personality, and loyalty matter more to me than money. Now—if you'll excuse me—" he breaks out of Jungkook's grasp, hurrying from the room much to the dismay of his family and Jungkook.

"Taehyung!" Jungkook calls after him, racing out of the room to catch the honey blond, yet Taehyung does not stop, "Tae Tae Tae! Woah, hold up!" a warm hand wraps around Taehyung's wrist and pulls him to a halt, yet the blond doesn't turn to face him. He just can't. He stares at the ornate rug, biting his lip viciously to fight the tears threatening to form in his eyes.

"Jungkook..."

"Tae, what happened back there? You were doing fine! What's wrong?" Jungkook questions, gripping his hips firmly so he can spin Taehyung to face him. It is then he sees the tears in Taehyung's gentle eyes, "Seriously, Taehyung, talk to me...I can't help if you don't tell me what is wrong..."

"My, my, Taehyung, is that you?" a voice calls out, and Taehyung freezes in Jungkook's grip. His hands instinctively cling to Jungkook's forearms, long fingers digging somewhat painfully into the hard muscle. Jungkook looks over Tae's head, noticing the pompous blond male in a dark navy suit that screams money. A blingy gold watch and shiny leather shoes complete the ensemble, and Jungkook can tell he already hates the bastard.

"The ex?" Jungkook asks under his breath and Taehyung nods, "You can do this, love..." Taehyung doesn't feel like he can. He honestly feels like the ground is going to open up and swallow him whole. Yet he needs to do this. He needs to face his fear, so he turns around. The man's blue eyes quickly slide over Taehyung's slim form.

"Damn, you've changed, babe. You look fucking good," the man coos, and Jungkook's grip on Tae's waist tightens as an unpleasant wave of jealousy rushes through his veins. His tongue flicks against the inside of his cheek as he stares the man down.

"I'm Jungkook. Taehyung's boyfriend; do you have business with us?" Jungkook growls, the sound vibrating through Taehyung's back and deep into his body. It sends shivers down his spine, yet it also invigorates him. Jungkook is there. He's not going to let Taehyung crumble.

"Oh, just some history. Isn't that right, Taehyung?" the blond sneers, winking at Taehyung which causes him to pale slightly. He remembers those looks and taunting sneers. They usually accompanied a snide comment or request that Taehyung really didn't want to do. He nervously licks his lips, his hand clinging to Jungkook's on his waist.

"Daniel...what do you want...? Where's Talia?" Taehyung hesitantly questions.

"Oh, that ol' girl? She's at a fitting or something," Daniel replies, his eyes still boring into Taehyung as if he were prey. They linger on Taehyung's sharp collar bones and lean neck, and Jungkook can feel his possessiveness kick in. But now is definitely not the time for that.