"did you stand there all alone?"

The countryside of Yorkshire was a quiet and tranquil place

The countryside of Yorkshire was a quiet and tranquil place. The lush green valleys were dotted with small white sheep-like freckles on the hills.

The golden sun highlighted the dew which collected on the blades of grass in the morning. Flowing down the hills were small streams that collected at a lake hidden away by rolling hills.

Occasionally, there would be a cottage or a crumbling church that made up a village. The center of the village only had a handful of shops and one primary school for the children. Older kids would have to travel out of the quiet village for school.

The small village located in this valley was home to a very peculiar family. The Lupins.

Lyall Lupin was unlike the others living in this Yorkshire village. The reason for this is that he was a wizard. Yes, a spell-casting wizard.

Lyall had gotten a job in the Ministry of Magic. However it didn't pay that much and, arguably, his job was not important. He worked in the Department for the Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures.

He was a renowned expert on poltergeist and boggarts, but his coworkers didn't appear that impressed.

It was on one of his research trips in Wales where he met his future wife, Hope Howell. She was a beautiful muggle woman and worked in an insurance office in Cardiff.

They soon fell in love and got married. Hope left her life behind in Wales to move to the rural English countryside.

After only a year of marriage, Hope fell pregnant. She gave birth to a set of twins which they named Remus and Estella Lupin.

They weren't identical but, in their younger years, their mother could hardly tell them apart.

Years had passed until the twins were 4. Hope had dedicated her whole time to caring for her two children, which was an extremely difficult job.

The sun had just fallen behind the green hills and the sky was slowly becoming navy blue. Hope stood in the kitchen of the cottage making dinner as the twins played in the living room.

Estella picked up the wooden toy car and started to crawl along the floor, rolling the car across the ground. Remus was sat on the floor flicking through a children's book, only looking at the pictures as he had not learned how to read.

Estella accidentally hit her brother as she was looking at the toy rather than where she was going. "Ow!" Remus shouted loudly which caught the attention of their mother.

Remus stood up and started to chase Estella, who was laughing loudly at her twin brother. "Stop running!" Hope ordered her children but they didn't hear her.

Just then, their father walked in the door. He threw his scarf and coat off onto the coat rack when he noticed his wife trying to stop the twins from running.

Lyall tightly grabbed one of their arms as they ran past, stopping them from running. "Listen to your mother." He ordered before letting go.

"Back in time dear. Dinner is ready." Hope told her husband who kissed her cheek as he walked past and sat down at the small wooden table.