~~~

It was the last week at Hogwarts before students headed home for Christmas

It was the last week at Hogwarts before students headed home for Christmas. The students who were so excited to go home were already packing. But Estella wasn't excited to go back to that small cottage at all.

She lay on her bed in her silent and dark dorm alone, Oliver laying at her feet. There was a sudden knock at the door which woke the feline up but letting out a small meow and closing its eyes again.

Marlene walked in with a book in her hand which she tossed at the girl. "Here's your Potions book." The blonde girl told her. She then walked over and pet Oliver which made him start to softly purr. "How long is this prank war with you and Potter gonna last then?"

"Until he accepts defeat. Why?" Estella sat up and furrowed her brows at Marlene. "Lily is counting down the days until it calms down." She laughed slightly as she replied. "She no longer leaves the dorm after the slug slime incident."

A silence fell between them as they smiled at the memory. "Should let you sleep so you can get some prank idea." And with that the girl had left the dorm. Estella let out a sigh before getting under the covers again.

-☾~☽-

Estella tossed and turned in her bed, her eyes scrunched up as she tried to sleep but she couldn't fall asleep. She let out a loud frustrated huff as she opened her eyes and threw her covers off of her.

So she decided to slip on her shoes and go for a wander around the castle, hoping that would make her tired in some kind of way.

As she went through each hallway, she checked each corner for Filch. The Hogwarts caretaker who found his only joy in life by catching students out of bed and hating every student and staff in the castle.

The school was silent and empty until Estella stepped out into the courtyard. Sitting on one of crumbling walls sat a shadow. As Estella got closer, she recognised the shadow as Regulus Black.

"Thought you would have your little guards with you." Regulus jumped at hearing a voice.
She was referring to Lucius and Evan who followed the boy around.

She smirked when she noticed him jump before sitting beside him on the wall. "What you doing up at this time? Isn't it pass your bedtime?" Regulus sarcastically laughed before sighing and looking up at the night sky above.

"Too cool for sleep." The Slytherin boy replied which made her smile slightly. "Just don't want to go to sleep." Estella looked over at him. "Means I'm closer to home." He added.

Remus had told Estella about the horrors of the Black family and how they aren't as perfect as they seem. Thankfully, Sirius escaped to James' however Regulus had no where to go. He was trapped.

"Regulus, are you alright?" She asked him when she could see tears in his eyes thanks to the bright moon above. "It'll be fine. I'm sure." She reassured him as she squeezed his hand slightly to make him look at her. He nodded as he wiped his eyes.

"Students out of bed!" A loud nasally voice shouted out. The students glanced back to see the caretaker. "Fuck sake. That slimy bastard." Estella hissed before jumping off the wall and running down the hallway.

She could hear the footsteps of Regulus behind her so she looked back to wave before hurrying up to the Gryffindor common room and to her dorm.

-☾~☽-

The next morning, Estella was woken up by the sun which shone in through a gap in her curtains. She let out a raspy cough as her throat was dry so she sat up and got up to get herself a drink.

But as she went to reach for the door handle, she overheard the Marauders who were sitting on the couches in the common room.

"Replacing the jelly slugs for real ones! I can't wait to see Snivellus eat a slug!" Sirius exclaimed to James. Estella stayed quite as a smirk grew on her face. "I'm just a genius Pads." James arrogantly replied.

"Yeah. A total genius Potter." Estella smirked.

-☾~☽-

James and Sirius walked down the hallways off the castle, snickering as they snuck down the corridor where Slughorn's party was taking place.

But leaning on the wall with a smirk was Estella. She stood up and walked towards the boys before placing a slimy slug into James' hand, making him let out a squeal and drop it.

"You're too late Potter. Guess that means I win." The smirk vanished from her face when he scoffed. "You didn't win." James laughed which made her confused.

"Just accept defeat Potter. I won the prank war. The best prankster hogwarts has ever seen was beaten by an inexperienced, witty and incredibly sexy girl." She arrogantly replied.

Suddenly, the doors to Slughorn's party flung open and all the students -including the Professor- ran out screaming. Estella's eyes widened as she watched a large group of shrieking bats chasing them down the hallway.

"Oh yeah, I'm pretty I win." James smirked before walking off, purposely walking into her shoulder which made her swirl her tongue around her mouth in annoyance. "I think I'm having an allergic reaction to losing." She whispered to Sirius as she sneezed due to the dust which had been irritated by the bats.