"funny how it seems like yesterday,"

The winter winds and long nights started to disappear and be replaced with clear skies and light breezes

The winter winds and long nights started to disappear and be replaced with clear skies and light breezes. The leaves of trees began to grow back and the flowers began to bloom all across the school grounds. It wouldn't be long until the days got warmer. And it also wouldn't be long until the Lupin twins' birthday.

One night, when the Gryffindor common room was silent and Oliver was purring softly as he lay by her feet, Estella lay on her back in her bed. Her dark eyes were open and staring up at the ceiling, her brain creating random shapes in the dark dorm.

She exhausted, and yet she couldn't fall asleep. Estella tightly shut her eyes, hoping that in some way she was just fall asleep afterwards. But that wasn't the case.

A light breeze tapped at the glass window as Estella began to scrunch up her eyebrows and breath heavily.

When she closed her eyes, she found herself staring up at the black sky where the full moon shone brightly. She couldn't tell were she was. It was too dark.

Then, a sudden howl which made her flinch as she frantically scanned around her. Shining in the dark mist which incapsulated her were a pair of yellow eyes. They were cold, malicious and blood thirsty. Then there was a scream. A scream which will never be erased from her mind. Remus' scream.

Estella suddenly jumped away, sitting up right in her bed. She felt her cheeks go red and hot as her breath became heavier and teardrops appeared in her eyes, collecting in her eyelashes and making her vision blurry.

She knew she wasn't falling asleep any time soon and back home she enjoyed taking quiet walks across the tranquil fields surrounding the cottage. So she decided to carefully get up and creep out of the common room, down the staircases and out into the courtyard.

Estella approached the old and crumbling walls and leaned against it, the cold stone pressing against her arms. And then tears began to fall down her cheek and drop off of her jaw. She could not stop herself. She could not control herself.

She tried to distract herself by picking up a lighter from her pocket and cigarette before holding it between her lips. After taking a deep breath in, she blew the smoke up into the air as she continued to cry.

"Estella," She flinched when she heard her name being called. She quickly wiped her eyes away, hoping that it was too dark to see her red eyes. "Shit." She hissed before turning around to see James Potter standing in one of the archways out to the courtyard behind her. "Following me now Potter?" She asked, forcing herself to wear a smirk.

"Of course. How can I stay away from you." He sarcastically replied as he walked on and leaned on the wall beside her. She glanced down and noticed a parchment in his robe pocket. It almost looked like a map. "Do you need directions around the castle?" She laughed.

James glanced around him before pulling the map out and opening it, revealing a map of every classroom, hallways and secret passage in the castle. "The marauders map." He proudly said. "Made it in our 3rd year." He added with a small nod.