~~~

It was only a few days until the twins had to go back to Hogwarts

It was only a few days until the twins had to go back to Hogwarts. Although it was late at night, Estella lay wide awake in her bed. She tossed and turned but she was unable to fall asleep. It was a hot night so her window was open which allowed a cool breeze to fill the room.

She slowly sat up to pick out a book to read. She tried to be quiet as the walls were so thin and she knew her father would go mad if she woke him up. But the sound of Oliver jumping off the bed with a thud made her eyes widen.

"Oliver." She whispered, trying to call the cat back over but he ignored her and stretched on the wardrobe which caused the door to swing open. The moonlight lit up the broom which leaned inside it.

Estella tried to sleep again but after a few minutes, she became inpatient so she carefully got up and snuck out of her room, a broomstick in her hand.

After sneaking out into the back garden, she mounted the broom and flew high into the air, her chestnut hair flowing behind her. A large smile had grown on her face and she let out loud laughs as she flew up higher and higher until it seemed like the cloud surrounded her.

However she didn't notice Lyall push the back door open and point his wand up at the girl, flicking his wand which the broom fly towards the ground.

Estella scrunched up her face as she tried to lift up the broom to stop it hitting the ground but she was unable to and she hit the ground. She let out a small howl of pain as she landed on the ground.

She turned her head to see the broom snapped in two beside her. "What are you doing! Someone could of seen you!" Lyall screamed at her as she slowly sat up. "McGonagall bought me this broom!" Estella shouted back as she inspected the broken broom.

"Then maybe she can buy you another one!" He screamed as he picked up the pieces of broom and snapped it even more so she couldn't fix it. Estella get droplets of rain land on her as Lyall stormed back into the cottage.

She then threw herself back onto the grass, allowing the rain land on her face as she began to sob. Her body was already full of bruises from the fall and she could feel a small bleeding cut on her face from landing on a rock.

-☾~☽-

Estella woke up the next morning to the sound of the nearby church's bell ringing loudly, the sound echoing through the valley. She rubbed her eyes before letting out a hiss as she touched a bruise.

Then the familiar laughter of the Marauders filled the house which made her roll her eyes. Estella carefully for out of her bed and twisted the door handle after glancing at herself in the mirror. Purple marks were scattered across her arms and her face, the cut on her forehead had scabbed over in the night however it still hurt.

Oliver followed her as she tried to sneak down the stairs and into the kitchen which was a nearly impossible task. She was alway to the kitchen when James noticed her and a smirk grew on his face.

"Morning Lupin. How was your sleep?" He asked her with a sly grin. "Good. I had a dream about hitting you in the face with a bludger." She hissed at him with a scowl. "Maybe next time you can dream that you won the bet." James replied which made Remus elbow him in the arm.

He then got up and tried to let Oliver but he hissed at him before running into the kitchen. He wore a pout which made her snicker before walking away.

After filling his bowl up with cat food, she boiled the kettle to make herself a cup of tea when she heard someone walk in. She glanced over to see James. "Are you following me now?" She asked with an eyebrows raised.

James scoffed. "Don't be so self-centred Lupin. I'm getting myself a drink." He replied back. She turned back to the kettle in front of her and poured some into a cup with a tea bag.

Suddenly, James pushed on her chin to make him face him. His eyebrows were furrowed as he had just noticed the cut and bruises on her face which was hidden by her messy hair before. "What are you doing?" She hissed as she hit his hand away.

"What happened to your face?" He asked him which made her roll her eyes. "I fell down the stairs if you need to know." Estella hissed before grabbing her cup, calling Oliver over and heading back up to her room again.