"oh, I cannot explain what's goin' down,"

Both Remus and Estella jumped up from their beds when they heard the hoots of an owl one August morning

They shoved each other down the steps, trying to get to the front door first. Ultimately, Remus pushed his sister away so he could grab the letter first.

He picked up the first letter he saw whilst Estella hurried over. "Ha! I got it first!" Remus shouted which made his sister scowl.

"Actually, you grabbed mine." She said with a smirk as she took the letter from his hands. Remus scowled as he picked up his from the floor and opened it.

All the shouting had woken up their father who sleepily walked down the stairs. "Did they arrive?" He asked.

They both nodded with wide grins, holding up the letter to his face. "Then we must go shopping for supplies. You'll need to be prepared." Lyall said as Estella stared at the list of needed items.

-☾~☽-

The Lupin children followed their father down the bustling Diagon Alley. Estella was in awe at every shop front, infatuated with the choices of brooms and cauldrons.

As she walked down the cobbled path, she noticed a family who didn't look like her. They wore expensive clothing made of dark material. She stared at them as they passed as they looked straight out of the Victorian era.

The tall woman with a pointy chin noticed the small girl. "Careful. This place is full of the filthy blooded." She hissed as she placed his pale hand on her son's shoulder.

This boy looked around the same age as her. He had long dark hair which fell into his equally dark eyes. Located by his right eye was a small beauty mark and his skin was pale.

"Who exactly do you think you are?" Estella asked loudly, bringing all the attention to her. The family froze before the thin woman spun around.

"What did you just say to me?" She hissed at the young girl. "I'm sure you heard me," Estella replied as she matched the same glare that the woman gave her.

Her eyes glanced towards their son who looked at the ground with embarrassment. Lyall turned around and saw his daughter. He hurried over and tried to pull her away but she wouldn't move.

The arrogant woman's husband walked beside his wife, his cane tapping on the floor. "Mr. Lupin, isn't it?" He asked with a face of disgust on his face. "Haven't you got some boggarts to catch?" He hissed at the man.

Estella opened her mouth to reply but Lyall grabbed her shoulder and pulled her away, gripping onto her arm as he walked her into a shop.

"Should learn how to control his daughter. She'll never find a respectable husband and any job." The wife hissed loudly. "Maybe she'll follow her father into a useless job such as boggart hunter." Her husband sneakily remarked.

The shop that he dragged her into was empty. "How dare you embarrass me!" He shouted at his daughter who scowled. "You heard them. They're arrogant pricks who need to be brought back down to earth." Estella replied but it only seemed to anger him more.

"I'll be lucky to go in with a job next week!" He shouted before storming out of the shop where Remus waited.

Estella kicked a nearby bookshelf which resulted in a book falling off and landing on her foot, making her howl in pain. She then looked down at her arm which had her father's hand mark on it.

-☾~☽-

The rest of the shopping was done in silence until they walked back into the cottage and the front door was closed.

"Go up to your room! You are an embarrassment!" Lyall screamed at Estella. "You're a shit dad! I wish Remus killed me that night so I wouldn't have to put up with you!" She screamed back before running up the stairs, making the cottage shake.

She slammed her door shut and kicked her wall which made a hole. "Crap." She muttered before her hands moved up to her chestnut hair and she gripped onto it.

She then slipped the shoe off her foot and threw it towards the closed door. However, it opened and hit Remus who was standing in the doorway. "Ow." He said with a slight chuckle.

"Sorry." She apologised as she sat down at the end of her bed. "That hurt," Remus replied as he sat down beside her.

"You just need to ignore him. You were only doing what's right." He tried to comfort her but it wasn't working and she became more agitated.

"He only cares about himself." She hissed back which made him sigh before nodding in agreement. "At least we can say we are both disappointments," Remus said with a slight chuckle as he held out his hand for a high five.

Estella chuckled lightly as she high-fived his hand. "When's the next full moon?" She asked her brother. "Not for another week," Remus replied, the smile on his face disappearing.

"Then I'll make sure to stock up chocolate." She said with a light laugh. After being transformed, Remus found that the only food that helped with the pain was chocolate. So Estella made sure to buy a large amount every month for him. It was the least she could do.

"What did Dumbledore tell you? You know, about the whole werewolf thing." She asked him. "Apparently he has a plan." Remus began. "There's an abandoned shack away from the castle for me to go to."

"And you'll go there alone?" She asked him. He nodded slowly. "I have to. I don't want a repeat of last time." Her brother sighed.

Estella also sighed, glancing to the nearby mirror and staring at the deep scar that stretched from her eyebrow to her eye.

"You're right." She confessed. "I always am." He replied arrogantly. "No, you're not," Estella said.

"Yes, I am."

"No, you're not."