~~~

It was a sunny summer day

It was a sunny summer day. Their first day at Hogwarts was in a few weeks and Estella was counting down the days.

She couldn't wait to learn all the new spells and potions and possibly get on the Quidditch team.

Remus however wasn't as excited as his sister. He didn't know what he was going to do. Would he tell his future friends about his condition? Or he could just not tell anyone at all? That's to say if he would even have friends to tell.

It was another full moon that day so Estella planned to head down to the nearest shop to buy some chocolate.

She was putting her hair up into a messy ponytail as she walked down the stairs. "I'm off to the shops." She told her mother who sat in the kitchen.

"Be back soon. It's almost lunchtime." Hope told her daughter before she walked out the front door.

Estella fiddled with the coins in her pocket as she walked down the roads which were lined with hedges.

The shop was located where a cluster of other cottages was. It was the only shop in the whole village, except for a bakery which seemed to of been running since the beginning of time.

Estella gazed at the rolling hills and the white sheep dotted throughout the fields. As she got closer to the shop, the hedges that lined the road became crumbling stone walls.

The shop wasn't that far away so it didn't take her long to get there. She pushed the door open which made the small bell above the ring.

Estella headed straight over to the small sweet shelf located at the back of the shop. She pushed herself up onto her tiptoes so that she could reach the chocolate bars at the top.

She grabbed a handful before grabbing a small jar of peppermints and walking to the till. Estella put the sweets down and placed the money beside it.

The cashier looked over at the young girl when they heard the sound of coins hitting the counter. Estella noticed them staring at the deep scar stretching from her eyebrows to her eye so she looked down at her feet.

Estella fiddled with the buttons on her coat as she waited for the cashier to give her the change. She put the extra coins into her pocket before walking out, the small bell ringing again as she opened the door.

She didn't even say thanks as she just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible.

She stuffed the chocolate bar into her coat before opening the jar of peppermints and throwing one into her mouth.

She continued to eat the sweets on her journey back when she noticed something in the road. She stared at it for a bit longer before recognising that it was a small tabby kitten.

Her eyes shot up when she heard an engine from a car that was speeding over the hills. Estella's eyes widened when the car didn't slow down as it didn't spot the kitten.

She jumped forward onto the road, scooping the animal into her arms and barely missing the car. The driver shouted at the girl as they drove past but she was too focused on the kitten in her arms.

Its fur was a mixture of chestnut and chocolate brown. Its eyes were a bright leaf around which looked around with a sense of innocence.

"Are you alright?" She asked the kitten, not expecting a direct reply but she did smile at it let out a high-pitched meow. "Where's your mum?" Estella then asked before she stood up and started to check the nearby bushes for its mother.

However, she saw nothing. She decided that she would check tomorrow but she needed to get home and couldn't leave it outside alone. So, she hid it in her coat before continuing her way back to her house.

Estella walked into the cottage to see that her mother was in the same spot when she left. Hope turned around and let out a small squeal when she saw the animal in her arms. "What's that?" She exclaimed.

"A cat," Estella replied slowly. "I know that." She said with a tut as she sat up on the couch. "What is it doing here?" Her mother asked.

"I found him. He was lost." Estella replied. "Then go find where he came from," Hope replied as she stared into the animal's green eyes.

"He has no collar and I didn't see a mum." She replied, ignoring the meows from the kitten. "Then we'll give him to the shelter." She said with a dismissive tone.

"We can't! He could be my pet for Hogwarts. Cats are allowed." Estella pleaded. Hope looked around the cottage before looking back at the cat and huffing.

"Fine." She said with a voice of defeat. "But you're the one looking for something that he can eat." Estella nodded with a wide smile before running into the kitchen.

She didn't notice Remus who was sitting reading at the dining table. Estella placed the small kitten down on the tile floor as she jumped up onto the counters and pulled the cupboards open.

"Where did that cat come from?" Remus asked with a look of confusion. "Found him. Mum says we can keep him." Estella replied as she looked through the shelves.

Remus put the book down and bent over to pick up the tabby cat. "What's its name?" He asked as he petted that cat which purred softly. "I don't know yet." She replied as she jumped off the counter with a tin of tuna in her hands.

She pulled the tin open before placing it on the table. Remus let the kitten climb onto the table and eat the tuna. "What about Oliver?" The boy asked. "Oliver the tabby cat." He added.

"Then it's settled," Estella replied with a firm nod. "You're new name is Oliver." She said as she bent down and pet the purring kitten.