Like old times

Leaving gave you peace, a sense of normal again.
You didn't even bother to show your face back at home in London.
You knew the very reactions you would get, so much worse than last time.
You left it all behind, without a goodbye, without a warning, you just, left.

~

"What?! Grandma no! It's been 4 years and you decide to kick me out now! Now!"
You storm up the stairs of your grandma's old small town cottage, up to what was your room, about 5 minutes ago.

"You have no job! No money! No future!"
"Thanks for pointing that out!" You call down the tight spiral stone stairs.
"Spending all your days here in a family bakery isn't helping that, your 17! Go live your life!"
"I don't wanna live my life Grandma! I'm fine here!"

As the old red scabbing painted door slams shut behind you, it's just you and your suitcase.

"Sh!t!"
"Damsel in distress?"
You spin quicker than lighting, that sentence couldn't of made you any happier.

- section from "Happier" by Ed Sheeran playing -

Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

-music quietens down-

"Peter?!"
He nods, "I just need to say I'm so sorry, I was so wrong, I thought it wasn't real, when you left it was made so clear that it was and I couldn't live without you, I was in love, I still am."
"Oh Peter,"
He flies down and pulls you into a bear hug.

-music goes loud again-

Oh, ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you (hey, yeah, hey, yeah)
But ain't nobody need you like I do (hey, yeah, hey, yeah)
I know that there's others that deserve you (hey, yeah, hey, yeah)
But my darlin', I am still in love with you.

~

"I can't believe it's you, I mean your hair went brown, your jawline, I mean seriously I wasn't prepared for the voice drop, you got hot."
"Well thanks m'lady."
"But you grew up, which means you also left Neverland."
"I did. As soon as you left, I did too, I went to your house in London, when you weren't there my heart dropped, since then, I never stopped looking and never went back."
"It's been 4 years Peter. God I thought I would never see you again." You wrap your arms around him and he hugs you tightly.
"You know I would never let that happen."

"Come back with me, we can go home together,"
"No Peter, you have to go back without me."
"You don't understand, if you don't go back then neither do I," he looks desperately wanting you to return with him, "we go back, as a couple."
"No. I'm sorry Peter, I don't like you anymore, not like that."
"I understand that, I was expecting it, after 4 years feeling don't stay just like that, but still come back, I need you there with me, like old times."

"Like old times, where I messed it all up? Peter it's the perfect time to go back and I miss it so much but I caused so many problems last time, fighting with pirates, kidnapping rescue missions, the damn love square!"
"We are older now, it's just you and me."

You look into his longing eyes you missed more than anything. He sits with his legs stretched out, as you put one leg either side of him, you sit on him, throwing your arms around him. Grabbing your hips, you both sit there, him not allowing you to move. You don't want to, you sit there for a long time just cuddling each other in the peace of the moment.

~

Walking along the top of the fresh green rolling hills he grabs your hand, "have you decided m'lady?"
"Yes, I have. Im coming home with you."
He picks you and spins you around in the air, so delighted to hear you say that.
No words come from him only smiles and following deep hugs.

You indulge yourself into his chest, you want him all to yourself in that very moment. As you feel feelings start to resurface, you pull out to look him in the face and find out wether it's true or not. It was. You missed him unbelievably but you couldn't go there, you couldn't revisit that area of your past.

He sees you looking at him like that and pulls you in towards him, you know exactly what he is about to do, but you don't stop him, you don't have time.

Going in for the kiss you both beg for more with your lips and go in and out several times before you realise what your doing, "what are you doing?!"
"I- well I thought, you felt as I did,"
"Which was?"
"The feelings coming back?"
You sigh and look down, "I did, I did ok, but I don't want to face that heartbreak again, it was horrible and I-"
"Hey hey hey," he stops you from going any further, "I can promise you, I will never, ever hurt you. I love you m'lady."

Your hearts stops at his words and you feel all the feelings come flooding back from before.
"No no no. Your my best friend, I said I don't like you anymore, you hurt me and I'm not going to just go back to you like nothing happened."

"I understand and I'm not asking you to, I just want you to know I will always have a place for you, you'll always be my number one," his words comfort you as he finally accepts you don't like him like that.